Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadium

Bristol

Jan 6, 2011
Hi all,

First of all congratulations on your brilliant league form and win over Portsmouth. With Falmer round the corner I can see a really bright future for you.

Down here in Bristol we're currently jumping over hurdles similar to what you guys did over many years while battling for Falmer.

Our new stadium has planning permission from two councils, has gone to the Secretary of State twice and the funding (all private) was in place. HOWEVER, 22 local residents (from a neighbourhood of 2,500) stood up (not under oath) and said that they've used it as of right for 20 years and that it should be designated a "Town Green".

The stadium will be build on a rutted FORMER LANDFILL with gas coming out of it!! Over half the site will remain green with 8.2 acres of it being turned into a wildlife wetlands area.

As you can imagine almost everyone in Bristol and the local neighbourhood backs us on this but those 22 could scupper the whole plans. Now Bristol City Council must decide whether or not it should be designated a "town green" which would end the plans for the stadium and wildlife wetlands.

It would be brilliant if you could all join the likes of Tony Robinson (Baldrick), Marcus Trescothick and the local football clubs (Swindon, Yeovil, Bath etc) in backing us by signing the petition. We're approaching 30,000 which will be three times bigger than anything the Council has received before but we really need everything we can. If we don't get the right decision then it will be terminal for the project which we're already almost 4 years in to.

Please sign the petition Petition : Bristol wants a new stadium not a and don't forget to check your emails to verify your signature.

But also if you can send this to as many of your friends as possible and spread the word then it'd be much appreciated. Also - any words of advice you can give us would be great!

The Brighton/Falmer story was so high profile and I'm sure you can help us. Especially now you're ready to move in to what looks like an absolutely brilliant new home. As I said before, this is not a "town green" but a former landfill site - yet this daft legal loophole could kill our plans. If you want to see more then visit http://www.acityunited.com - the link to the Facebook group will tell you lots.

In the meantime, good luck on the pitch. It'll be great to see you back in the Championship and with Falmer I've no doubt that you can do so much more.

Best wishes
Bristol City fan

PS - That link to sign the petition once more :) Petition : Bristol wants a new stadium not a

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is amazing how the opinions of a handful of nimbys can hold sway over an entire city in places where there such a pressure on space.

Best of luck with it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Over half the site will remain green with 8.2 acres of it being turned into a wildlife wetlands area.

You've included a duck pond and they're still complaining...unbelievable!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Hi all,

First of all congratulations on your brilliant league form and win over Portsmouth. With Falmer round the corner I can see a really bright future for you.

Down here in Bristol we're currently jumping over hurdles similar to what you guys did over many years while battling for Falmer.

Our new stadium has planning permission from two councils, has gone to the Secretary of State twice and the funding (all private) was in place. HOWEVER, 22 local residents (from a neighbourhood of 2,500) stood up (not under oath) and said that they've used it as of right for 20 years and that it should be designated a "Town Green".

The stadium will be build on a rutted FORMER LANDFILL with gas coming out of it!! Over half the site will remain green with 8.2 acres of it being turned into a wildlife wetlands area.

As you can imagine almost everyone in Bristol and the local neighbourhood backs us on this but those 22 could scupper the whole plans. Now Bristol City Council must decide whether or not it should be designated a "town green" which would end the plans for the stadium and wildlife wetlands.

It would be brilliant if you could all join the likes of Tony Robinson (Baldrick), Marcus Trescothick and the local football clubs (Swindon, Yeovil, Bath etc) in backing us by signing the petition. We're approaching 30,000 which will be three times bigger than anything the Council has received before but we really need everything we can. If we don't get the right decision then it will be terminal for the project which we're already almost 4 years in to.

Please sign the petition Petition : Bristol wants a new stadium not a and don't forget to check your emails to verify your signature.

But also if you can send this to as many of your friends as possible and spread the word then it'd be much appreciated. Also - any words of advice you can give us would be great!

The Brighton/Falmer story was so high profile and I'm sure you can help us. Especially now you're ready to move in to what looks like an absolutely brilliant new home. As I said before, this is not a "town green" but a former landfill site - yet this daft legal loophole could kill our plans. If you want to see more then visit http://www.acityunited.com - the link to the Facebook group will tell you lots.

In the meantime, good luck on the pitch. It'll be great to see you back in the Championship and with Falmer I've no doubt that you can do so much more.

Best wishes
Bristol City fan

PS - That link to sign the petition once more :) Petition : Bristol wants a new stadium not a

May I just say- if you only picked us out due to our history, don't stop here. Get this on every football club forum you can think of..

Done.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Signed, simply because the Town Green application is clearly spurious. I'm not sure the petition will make a difference... and I still reckon that the design of the stadium looks like a Parcel Force depot!!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here