Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New stadium are we still plauged by the same old problem...

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
of people leaving 10 -15 mins before the end just so they get a clear get away?

Unfotunately i wasn't atthe game - managed to somehow get most of the second half live on a tv in apub in Huddersfield. Has the new stadium cured the rush to get away early merchants?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There were some leaving early, yes.

More fool them, clearly they have no idea of the Albion's propensity for late dramatics.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Serves the fuckers right as they missed the best part of the day. All just to get on a train back to Brighton before everyone else.

probably.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I was lucky enough to get a tic in the east stand, and a bloke with 2 kids a boy and a girl aged i suppose about 8 or 9 left as the stoppage time was announced. Im reluctant to criticise a father with kids as you dont know the circumstances behind him leaving, but................. if there was 1 game not to leave early it was yesterday! I feel like those 2 kids missed out. But what can you do. I feel that family stand on a cold nov tue night could be very empty come the final whistle!!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If people want to leave early, let them. yes it doesnt show great support (from them) but dont let it bother you.

They lost out, not you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was lucky enough to get a tic in the east stand, and a bloke with 2 kids a boy and a girl aged i suppose about 8 or 9 left as the stoppage time was announced. Im reluctant to criticise a father with kids as you dont know the circumstances behind him leaving, but................. if there was 1 game not to leave early it was yesterday! I feel like those 2 kids missed out. But what can you do. I feel that family stand on a cold nov tue night could be very empty come the final whistle!!!

I think the kids probably gave their dad some serious earache once they heard that massive cheer after our second goal.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The bouncer at Komedia last night had to miss the last ten minutes as he started work at 5, the poor sod.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Why is it perceived to "be a problem" :shrug:. I don't understand it like most, it their loss, but why is it seen as "a Problem"?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The bouncer at Komedia last night had to miss the last ten minutes as he started work at 5, the poor sod.

He just needs to get a bike I've told him this already. Last week I made it to Komedia for 5:10 and he starts at 5:30 so he should be able to make it. That being said if we have 11 minutes of injury time every week all us Komedia Albion fans could be out of work soon.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Why is it perceived to "be a problem" :shrug:. I don't understand it like most, it their loss, but why is it seen as "a Problem"?

Totally agree- I hate leaving games early but it doesn't bother me at all if others need to for whatever reason. It proved yesterday that it's ultimately their loss - as it was in the play off semi v Swindon!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I agree with this, but also I am sure some people do leave for good reason, as above someone had to be in work by 5pm, I am sure there are many genuine reasons why some people leave, and even if they are just leaving to get a train, bus, lift whatever, what does it matter.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was lucky enough to get a tic in the east stand, and a bloke with 2 kids a boy and a girl aged i suppose about 8 or 9 left as the stoppage time was announced. Im reluctant to criticise a father with kids as you dont know the circumstances behind him leaving, but................. if there was 1 game not to leave early it was yesterday! I feel like those 2 kids missed out.

It's probably the kids who want to leave. My son wanted to leave before half-time, I told him there was no way that we were leaving before the end. He got used to the idea and by the end of the game he was clapping and singing with everybody else.

Have to say that there was no-one around me leaving early - which is relief after last season when I generally ended up in a row to myself as everyone in my section left 5 to 10 minutes from the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here