Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Smart Cards

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
For those that have changed seats for the new season any idea when the new Smart Cards are going to be sent out?:amex: cheers

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Once the fixtures are released on 18th June they will load the cards up with all the games and send them out so probably this time next month at the earliest . . .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Once the fixtures are released on 18th June they will load the cards up with all the games and send them out so probably this time next month at the earliest . . .

No they won't, the cards arent loaded up with anything. It's all on the computer system.

No wonder so many people struggle with the concept of using their card at the kiosk rather than cash.

To answer the OP; some time before the first home game.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
No they won't, the cards arent loaded up with anything. It's all on the computer system.

No wonder so many people struggle with the concept of using their card at the kiosk rather than cash.

Will they need to send new cards at all? Why not change the details on the system that the card links to and users keep the current card?

I thought all us bad fans who can only get to a few games per season where going to get cards as well so that we can use them for our pie and beer purchases - I am sure that I read this tucked away in an e-mail from the club somewhere?

Dec 19, 2011
Hove

I was told that the games were effectively "loaded" onto the cards by someone who works in the ticket office when I asked the same question as the OP before the begginning of last season. I dont struggle with the concept of a smart card, just repeated what I was told by a club official.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I was told the same, the cards are loaded with the games,however if you add money or pay for cup games, these will also be added. If that's the case you will already have your card, so I have to agree that all the imformation is held on the computer system and not the card.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was told the same, the cards are loaded with the games,however if you add money or pay for cup games, these will also be added. If that's the case you will already have your card, so I have to agree that all the imformation is held on the computer system and not the card.

Exactly.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Quote from story on seagulls.co.uk yesterday: "all current season ticket holders will have their smartcards automatically LOADED with the new fixtures"

STH who have moved seats won't get new cards in time for first game by the sounds of it . . . .

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here