New signings? - Magoo after 2 defenders and a forward

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
the right footed denilson said:
players that would improve our squad are-

an expereienced centre back
a midfielder who can pass forward

f*** the strikers, this is league one but even with Henry we won't score if we don't have players who can feed the strikers.

Well said, I think a major part of our striking problems are that they dont get the servcie that many other strikers of similar ability do.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Your probably find that knight is feeding these names to magoo to then let him take the flak for not being able to sign anyone..it seems that Adams was backed to the hilt on signing players..
but magoo is being made the sacrificial lamb for not

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
portslade seagull said:
Your probably find that knight is feeding these names to magoo to then let him take the flak for not being able to sign anyone..it seems that Adams was backed to the hilt on signing players..
but magoo is being made the sacrificial lamb for not

don't belive that for a second.

MM just seems very bad at making the right decisions about potential signings. If Knight was choosing who we sign MM wouldn't be at the club.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There 1 person and 1 person only pulling the strings and its not the manager....Why keep making unbelievable statements on who we are going to sign when you clearly know its not true...surely its was'nt to sell more season tickets

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
We were hearing the asme type of thing from january last season and we still did not get anyone of note why has he decided to get players now when there has been a string of players gone to other clubs over the past few months ? it is all bollox just for him to say 2 i tried but no one wants to come here "

Repugnant Toad said:
Bring in a LEFT BACK, you clown. We've only been waiting 14-odd months for one ...

What was that wrong with Lynch's performances there last season?

dunno said:
Actively trying to sign Geoff Horsfield??? - who even I could tell was being linked to major Championship sides!!!! I actually think that was a waste of his energy picking up the phone on that one!

It was a throwaway remark by McGhee to illustrate the amount of calls we are making, that's all.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Inconsistant - and he is a centre back.

Young and will improve but missed Harding

I think we missed Harding before we found Lynch - then Lynch did OK in a very tough league. Was Lynch perfect? No, of course not, he's 18.

Would Bagayoko have not put a foot wrong? - a discarded French youth player? Come on, use your common sense.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I think we missed Harding before we found Lynch - then Lynch did OK in a very tough league. Was Lynch perfect? No, of course not, he's 18.

Would Bagayoko have not put a foot wrong? - a discarded French youth player? Come on, use your common sense.

I didnt say he would of - I know Lynch is only 18 and is a very good prospect but mistakes cost goals - its harsh but its also true.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
The point that everybody seems to overlook here, and that everybody needs to step back and look at is that McGhee is being pilloried for supposedly not finding a player. However, if it was up to the Tender Egos on here, any old player would do.

The reason we haven't signed anyone is because we haven't found anyone good enough that wants to come here. The Tender Egos might want to get some swamp donkey who has only one 'kick' setting. Mark McGhee, thankfully, has a much higher aspiration level, and a much higher quality threshold than some airheads on here.
"He's a fairly orthodox head it away and boot it away centre half, no frills, no messing, which is fine."

:D

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
"He's a fairly orthodox head it away and boot it away centre half, no frills, no messing, which is fine."

:D

But still better than what we already have. I think thats more of what TLO is aiming at.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What is it with these threads at the moment, it's a load of people talking nonce-sense about signings and the prospects of the team while the only one talking any semblance of sense can't help patronising everyone and spinning everything MM says to make it sound positive.

Lynch is a good LB, we don't have anyone else at the mo who looks as good as him there so why not play him there. El-Abd looked much more comfortable at CB so should play there. Reid needs to play in the middle or the right and the club should stop going for players out of our league, players such as Burgess are the sort we should be going for and I am glad to hear we are.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
What is it with these threads at the moment, it's a load of people talking nonce-sense about signings and the prospects of the team while the only one talking any semblance of sense can't help patronising everyone and spinning everything MM says to make it sound positive.

Lynch is a good LB, we don't have anyone else at the mo who looks as good as him there so why not play him there. El-Abd looked much more comfortable at CB so should play there. Reid needs to play in the middle or the right and the club should stop going for players out of our league, players such as Burgess are the sort we should be going for and I am glad to hear we are.

Just because he is the best option at the club to play there doesnt make him good enough to play there.

Its funny reading the Harding thread and people have a go at him for making mistakes but no one mentions the mistakes that cost goals last year from Lynch.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Just because he is the best option at the club to play there doesnt make him good enough to play there.

Its funny reading the Harding thread and people have a go at him for making mistakes but no one mentions the mistakes that cost goals last year from Lynch.

But Lynch started off like that but his defensive quality and attitude meant that once he settled in he looked much more assured. Imo Harding is a left winger or cm and this is why he made basic defensive errors. Also a bit of a poser but rightly so, he was very cute.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
But Lynch started off like that but his defensive quality and attitude meant that once he settled in he looked much more assured. Imo Harding is a left winger or cm and this is why he made basic defensive errors. Also a bit of a poser but rightly so, he was very cute.

Maybe it just seems like double standards to be honest, Lynch cost goals with basic mistakes and was forgiven because he was young, while Harding was just abused.

And yes he does make me do the sex wee.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Maybe it just seems like double standards to be honest, Lynch cost goals with basic mistakes and was forgiven because he was young, while Harding was just abused.

And yes he does make me do the sex wee.

But Harding cost us errors after a year or so of being in the team, Lynch was eradicating them after a couple of months. Still think Harding is a decent player mind, just not sure he is a LB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here