Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Shirt???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Having not spent our money in the seagulls shop on crappy quality shirts my son (who for some strange reason has been following Bayern munich) ordered on Tuesday the black champions league shirt for the same money the albion one would have cost.

It has just arrived and I have to say the difference in style and quality for the same price is worlds apart.

Still, the seasgulls did get £1.50 out of us for a wristband.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
munster monch said:
Having not spent our money in the seagulls shop on crappy quality shirts my son (who for some strange reason has been following Bayern munich) ordered on Tuesday the black champions league shirt for the same money the albion one would have cost.

It has just arrived and I have to say the difference in style and quality for the same price is worlds apart.

Still, the seasgulls did get £1.50 out of us for a wristband.

Basic economics would say that if something is produced in larger numbers it would reduce it's cost.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Withnail said:
Basic economics would say that if something is produced in larger numbers it would reduce it's cost.

Agreed, but I'm sure we could do something about the quality which is the reason behind why I didn't purchase the shirt rather than a cost decision.

In regards to quality I think the latest home shirt is a backward step and agree with easy that it is possibly the worst home kit for a long time during probably a time of highest demand.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Maybe the fans should put this issue about quality of replica shirts to the club soon so as to allow them to do something about it. Whether it be that they take it up with Errea or find a new supplier - the latter being my personal choice.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't think being with Errea is the problem. The centenery shirt is quality, and that was Errea. Just ditch the pale, and ditch the 'apron', and everyone's a winner.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
DTES said:
I don't think being with Errea is the problem. The centenery shirt is quality, and that was Errea. Just ditch the pale, and ditch the 'apron', and everyone's a winner.

I think the problem with our shirts is that we try and get them made as cheap as possible to maximise the profit. This means we get iron on sponsers logos, dodgy stitching, no collars, etc. The Palookavile kits are just standard Errea designs that a pub football team would buy but with the clubs logo on.

I wouldn't mind paying a couple of pounds extra more if the quality improved.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Superseagull said:
I think the problem with our shirts is that we try and get them made as cheap as possible to maximise the profit. This means we get iron on sponsers logos, dodgy stitching, no collars, etc. The Palookavile kits are just standard Errea designs that a pub football team would buy but with the clubs logo on.

I wouldn't mind paying a couple of pounds extra more if the quality improved.

That's only been the case in the last year or so. Before that I thinkl the quality was very good. I think we may have made a rod for our own backs by moaning about the late availablity of shirts and so that's partly why they have taken the standard down a notch - to get them in the club shop quicker.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Got to be THE LATE 70'S KIT!!
Anything else is just a poor replacement.
You can buy the British Cal kit in the shop.
When I went to the Leicester game last season me and me mate Paul were lurking outside the shop with intent when Paul on spotting the British Cal kit said,I'VE STILL GOT MY ORIGINAL ONE!!
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
Yes and it should be our proper blue....
and stripes that go all the way down

and a white seagull

and a sponsor that doesn't peel off

and no tacky badge at the bottom

and a collar that doesn't go dodgy in the wash

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Braders7 said:
and stripes that go all the way down

and a white seagull

and a sponsor that doesn't peel off

and no tacky badge at the bottom

and a collar that doesn't go dodgy in the wash

And a material that doesn't STINK after you've warn it for a couple of hours...

Or is that just me!:p

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fortunately for me, when I left my job last week, those nice poeple at Amex gave me a £50 voucher for the seagulls shop as my leaving gift.

Got the new maroon shirt (XXXXXXXXXXL - Don't look good in lycra), and an Albion T-shirt for Mrs Pasty.
:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here