• Nay: it’s horrible

Votes: 201 34.1%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just don’t think Nike ‘get’ football and what’s more have no desire to.

The shirt is okay but that’s just about it. Imagine how beautiful Adidas, Puma, Umbro or Kappa could have made it. Nike really don’t give a shit and it shows.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Why do the stripes not continue behind the Amex logo? It just looks like it’s been stuck on top

And why don't they go all the way down the back? Don't tell me that's an American Express stipulation as well. No doubt it's so that, once again, you have to have a name and number printed to stop it looking naff.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The 'Thank You NHS' shirt is drop dead gorgeous for all sorts of reasons. And the new season mediocre new shirt? Meaningless. Tho give us £52 - let's spell that out for the hard of thinking anyways - FIFTY TWO F*CKING QUID! If you buy that really shitty shirt at this really shitty time then, sorry, but you're really a bit of a moron no? Why would you DO that?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I think it’s a Premier League stipulation.

If it is then Newcastle never seem to take any notice of it.

MAGS.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The new shirt would be perfectly acceptable if we were Peterborough, Southend, Ipswich or P*rtsm**th.

But we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we deserve better.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I have to admit,now I've had time to process the shock of the new shirt without stripes,I have seen a few more pics and seen it on the club website and I have to say I'm starting to really love this shirt.i was yay but now I'm yay,yay and thrice yay.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
If anyone plays PES20 and wants as close to the kit as I can get to patch on to the game here you go;

BRIGHTON_HOME_21.png

If you know what this is then you'll know what to do. :)

(Yes, I know the side stripe is half the size but current template isn't possible)

Screenshot copy.jpg

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
No! Just like 40 years ago, there is a perception that stripes are for lower leagues. Newcastle are strong enough to resist it - pity we aren't.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Apologies of this has already been covered elsewhere in these 14 pages but...

Is anybody else worried that the only other time we were relegated from the top flight we weren’t stripy?

Just me?

I am not superstitious in any walk of life aside from football. Then it’s lucky mugs, shirts, pants etc all day long. I worry that we’ve tempted fate and that fate will accordingly give us a good kicking.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I just don’t think Nike ‘get’ football and what’s more have no desire to.

The shirt is okay but that’s just about it. Imagine how beautiful Adidas, Puma, Umbro or Kappa could have made it. Nike really don’t give a shit and it shows.

Adidas IFK Göteborg shirt is pretty nice.

110870301000_00.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apologies of this has already been covered elsewhere in these 14 pages but...

Is anybody else worried that the only other time we were relegated from the top flight we weren’t stripy?

Just me?

I am not superstitious in any walk of life aside from football. Then it’s lucky mugs, shirts, pants etc all day long. I worry that we’ve tempted fate and that fate will accordingly give us a good kicking.

And it was in our fourth season as well.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cynically so unlike the stripes to try and force more sales.

Looks too similar to Pompey. Poor effort. Rather stick with my Skint stripes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whatever you say about our new shirt, we’ve worn in 4 straight games soon to be six no?

When was the last time that happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Despite not liking it very much, it's been rather refreshing to see us wearing our first choice kit in two consecutive away matches. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here