Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt numbers?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
When do these get "issued" ? I know its a sad question but on seagulls world blue rinse Bas has the number "17" on his training top...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Might be Forster in that case...sorry, but OGH should keep the Number 9 shirt for however long he stays with us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Forster will be number 9 this season, and OGH is not at all happy about it.

My thoughts, come on Gary, get over it, we needed a player of Forsters ability, if it is a condition of his contract that he has the number 9, then so be it. It's for the good of the club, and Gary should understand how important that is.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i cant see tank changing his number, 14 has been good to him :thumbsup:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Forster will be number 9 this season, and OGH is not at all happy about it.

My thoughts, come on Gary, get over it, we needed a player of Forsters ability, if it is a condition of his contract that he has the number 9, then so be it. It's for the good of the club, and Gary should understand how important that is.

Quite right too.

Although it doesn't REALLY matter what number the players wear, it's a bit pointless having a bench-warming winger and a crocked midfielder as your 9 and 10.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quite right too.

Although it doesn't REALLY matter what number the players wear, it's a bit pointless having a bench-warming winger and a crocked midfielder as your 9 and 10.

Thierry Henry was quite happy with no.14 why can't Forster make do? It wouldn't mean much to him but it obviously means a lot to OGH.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it meant a lot to Forster too. It would have been a bit daft if he hadn't signed on the basis that he hadn't been offered the number 9 shirt.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
_42421331_forster_getty416.jpg

Number 9 here

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Maybe it meant a lot to Forster too. It would have been a bit daft if he hadn't signed on the basis that he hadn't been offered the number 9 shirt.

Maybe it's an old-fashioned idea, but it seems to me that you give the first eleven numbers to the people who are actually likely to be playing this year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hart throwing a fit over not having the muber 9?

thats quite sad really

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Changing players numbers unnecessarily is a bit arse, when you think of all of the little kids with a current home shirt with 'Cox 28' for example on it, who will now be pestering their parents for a new one.

Last Christmas, my Mum bought white away shirts for all four of her grandsons. Three chose 'Cox 28' on them. Its a bit arse if his number changes 7 months later.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Same goes for United - robbing bastards.

I can hear the boardroom converstaion now;

"So, how y'all doing guys"

"Not too bad sir."

"Have y'all made me many dollars this week?"

"Not a great deal - its the summer - there's no matches"

"That's not what I want to hear boy. Sell more shirts then. Make me some dollars"

"Everyone's already got one, though"

"Then just y'all change the shirt, so everybody needs a new one. Jeez do ah have to think of everything around here?"

"We're not allowed sir. The shirt has to last two seasons"

"What kind of a motherfucking limey rule is that?. Hang on boy, ah've got it. Who's that offence-man - the one who looks like Shrek?"

"Rooney, sir?"

"that's him. Roonaldo. Give him the number 10 shirt, boy, so all the suckers have to buy a new shirt"

"Right away sir"

etc, etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here