Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New set of tyres - cheapest way

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Might just use blackcircles, they are cheapest and most conveniant. 160 all in.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
tyreshopper is leading at the momemt with fully fitted for 150 sheets, though to get them fitted would mean going to Hassocks?

thats where i went to get mine done . all done for 400 sheets in half hour while i had a sausage roll over the road. does it come with a guarantee ? as i had a puncture in one of mine after about 1 week of driving . 100 quid down the shitter. went down there and they put a new one on for free. bingo!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
kwick fit get a bit of bad rep, they are ok if you get standard, low spec, budget brands.

the best cheap option however is Blackcircles and have them fitted at ATS.

what ever route you go, dont go near re-treads.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great thread.
Have saved those sites.I've brought 2nd hand tyres with no problems.Great if you are about to sell your car too.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Last question, anyone know how long it's going to take? Need this done on a weekday and will be getting off work to get it done.

Thanks to all.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I never, ever skimp on tyres as they are the only thing connecting you to the road. I remember reading tyre tests where a cheap shitty tyre took almost 3 times as long to come to a stop under heavy braking than a 'premium' tyre.

Egganelli

Jan 24, 2010
Anyone in the trade know the cheapest way to get a whole new set of tyres. Currently just thinking about doing kwik fit as that's the easiset option currently. Only really drive around town so going for budget as want to keep the cost down. Kwik fit can do it for £160ish all in.
Ring poutney tyres over worthing ind estate,get used tyres fitted,all decent makes for about £100 for 4. 07887778797. Got 2 firehawks for £50

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not any sort of expert (just a cheapskate), but I always go for the budget brands. They all have to meet safety standards and as with most things, if you go for the named brands you are mostly paying for expensive advertising and the illusion of a superior product. In my experience you get more mileage for your pound with the economy brands.

you get more mileage from michelins right across the ranhe, but ring around and you will get a deal from someone - they want your business

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I never, ever skimp on tyres as they are the only thing connecting you to the road. I remember reading tyre tests where a cheap shitty tyre took almost 3 times as long to come to a stop under heavy braking than a 'premium' tyre.

9 nine years of driving and i've never lost control of a car on budget tyres.I don't throw my cars into corners or drive at high speeds like a moron..Drive sensable and cheap tyres are fine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
9 nine years of driving and i've never lost control of a car on budget tyres.I don't throw my cars into corners or drive at high speeds like a moron..Drive sensable and cheap tyres are fine.

thats key point really, normal driving does test tyres. its_neil is not wrong the higher quality products (not always expensive brands) will stop you shorter, but thats over and above the expectation of normal driving.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What is a wheel nut key? I don't know ANYTHING about cars.

• Please ensure that you have your locking wheel nut key and that the fitting centre is made aware of its location

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
What is a wheel nut key? I don't know ANYTHING about cars.

if you have alloys, your wheels come with a lock, so the chavs dont nick 'em. but if you cant find the key, you is in the shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here