Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New " safe " drinking limit - 3.5 units a week

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As Uncle Speilberg has already stated the original BMA 21 units per week was a complete guess so a further reduced limit is an even bigger load of bollocks!

Anyway, in defiance of the Medical Profession, I am enjoying a nice glass of Pinot Grigio and may well have another after I have I finished this one.

I realise that this may well be my final post as a consequence, but what the hell..... :lolol: :bigwave:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Give me the 'good old days' when Guinness was 'good for you' and doctors recommended you take up smoking. We've just got too much information for our own good these days and are becoming an overly neurotic society. Personally I'd rather take my chances and live the way I want to live (while being careful to avoid being a strain on the NHS of course!)

This 100%. Information is good and all but its at the point now where a study is done to prove anything is harmful for you. Wont be long till walking to much will be considered a health hazard....:ffsparr:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Of course no one is going to take any notice of this.

There is some sort of report on alcohol/diet everyweek recommending something or another, normally contradicting what was said the week before. Everyone gets confused, so no one really takes any notice.

All things in moderation is really the best advice. Yes I like beer, I like it rather a lot, but then I enjoy running and eating plenty of fruit and veg, so I hope this at least balances things up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This 100%. Information is good and all but its at the point now where a study is done to prove anything is harmful for you. Wont be long till walking to much will be considered a health hazard....:ffsparr:

I believe breathing is good for you but no doubt an expensive study will conclude one day that in fact breathing is detrimental to your health.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I believe breathing is good for you but no doubt an expensive study will conclude one day that in fact breathing is detrimental to your health.

It's already a known fact. We obviously need Co2 to breath. But the other combination of chemicals that we breath in every day contain "free radicals" that ultimately break down our body and create the ageing process.
So whatever we do we're f***ed.
My answer?
DRINK DRINK DRINK

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I like the 5 a day fruit and veg 'campaign' which is dependent on where you live. 7 a day in Australia. 9 a day in the US. Like most things, eat and drink sensibly and do some exercise and you'll be ok. (probably)

Not sure if it was Dennis Leary or Bill Hicks or neither of them who came out with "message to all you teetotal, non smoking vegans in the audience - you die as well!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here