Brighton
How did OGH do at right back 2day?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thought he was solid

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Nice to see Carpenter back to hes best,I seem to remember people slagging him off!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Seemed to jump in on a few times but pace got him out of trouble but solid otherwise

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Jakey, Leon, Chippy, Jarrett etc were all fantastic today but my personal MOM today was OGH. He was superb filling into a position that he is not used to and even when he was turned inside out he had the pace and strenght to get back and recover from the error.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If they had had better forwards he would have been embarrased badly, however, today MM got away with it.

I would suggest he does not "experiment" when the opposition forward line is more potent.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He was quality, out of position but superb. didn't see him miss a tackle. He's got to impress though because Carole was fantastic on the wing!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
OGH did no more than okay - his positional sense was lacking as you would expect from someone not playing in a natural position. We also played a fairly poor team today remember.

Great to see him get a game but he can't be considered as anything more than a stopgap at right back.

More important is what has happened to El-Abd? If he isn't fit then he has obviously done something wrong for MM not even put him on the bench.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
More important is what has happened to El-Abd? If he isn't fit then he has obviously done something wrong for MM not even put him on the bench.

the fact that all of shrewsburys attacks the other night came down the flanks may have something to do with it

i thought hart did well, and as for only being a stop gap, virgo was supposed to only be a stop gap as a forward. its important to have players like that as it offers a lot of flexibility

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
can't be as good as u kennerz all them years ago when u filled in at right back away to three bridges in the cup.also seem to remember u given away a pen and injuring ur ankle, wot a game u had!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Withdean Wanderer said:
He was quality, out of position but superb. didn't see him miss a tackle. He's got to impress though because Carole was fantastic on the wing!

When he did miss a tackle he chased back and retrieved possession :clap:

I thought OGH was terrific - he missed one tackle all game and then - he chased back and won the ball again! :clap2:

I thought he would have to be a footballing Lazarus to extend his Albion career beyond this year but when you look at his fine performance today, I wonder if McGhee could do without a utility squad player like him who can now play anywhere on the right from the back right to the front of the team.

Maybe the next guy after Kerry to a testamonial? I would not bet against it after today - OGH :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
OGH did no more than okay - his positional sense was lacking as you would expect from someone not playing in a natural position.

He was aware of that and the great thing was that, immediately after he had showered and changed he was in the "tactics room" with Bob Booker, who used metallic "men" on a white "football" board to explaining to him various bits and pieces.

Very eager to learn and do a great job wherever he plays - that's our Gary.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sammy the seagull said:
Nice to see Carpenter back to hes best,I seem to remember people slagging him off!

Ah yes - that's because we drew a game we should have won and had a poor 20 minutes. There has to be someone to blame. DUH! :jester:

Sammy the seagull said:

I think it makes a huge difference him not playing along side Oatway. Back to his best form, hopefully he'll not play in midfield with Oatway again for some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here