Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New replica shirts - what tat

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought you'd be peeling the label off anyway . . . creases suggest it wanted a cold(er) wash.

It's chinese plastic shit, what did you expect? All my shirts are for looking at, safest option. The only one I occasionally wear is cotton.

Cotton you say? . . . what a strange and old fashioned fabric. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The THANK YOU NHS shirt is a thing of rare beauty tho eh? Utmost respect to the club for that one :clap2:

Well I'm going to wear that one tomorrow. Seems appropriate for the first game back :)

Did the club issue the free NHS tickets as they'd planned does anyone know ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I haven’t bought any items for years but the ones I’ve bought have been expensive tat but I didn’t buy EVERY item they sell, so I’m not gonna be slagging off every item :smile:

We have procuerd a few reasonable items . . . . the dogs bowl has stood up well to the rigours of extreme licking for 4 years now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mine is rubbish too…..when I put it on there was a large unsightly bulge below the ‘American Express’ words on the front.
#barberout

Funny thing, l invested in a retro Skint version when in the club shop this week, and the self same unsightly bulge is on mine too, just below the sponsor's logo.:eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I'm going to wear that one tomorrow. Seems appropriate for the first game back :)

Did the club issue the free NHS tickets as they'd planned does anyone know ?

Screenshot_20210820-125027.png

:bowdown:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I stopped buying shirts in my mid 20's, as they are not a good look on a middle age man (sadly as I am). I'm sure if the new one is in the state it's in the club could offer you a replacement if you have the receipt as that sounds pretty shoddy after only 1 wash.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
At least you have your shirts. My lad is still waiting. Ordered May 18th. Actually tired of e-mailing the club & being fobbed off.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Talking of shirts, I was surprised to see Brentford sporting full stripes on the back as well as the font of their shirts. I thought that wasn't allowed now.

As for our shirts, this year's looks decent on the pitch but I wouldn't wear one and I certainly wouldn't splash out £50 on one. You can see why retro shirts are a big thing now with fans.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I stopped buying shirts in my mid 20's, as they are not a good look on a middle age man (sadly as I am). I'm sure if the new one is in the state it's in the club could offer you a replacement if you have the receipt as that sounds pretty shoddy after only 1 wash.

I'm 46, the shirts are great for old gits football sessions, Parkrun and BM10k.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Talking of shirts, I was surprised to see Brentford sporting full stripes on the back as well as the font of their shirts. I thought that wasn't allowed now.

It's never been not allowed in the UK. In the past for European tournaments UEFA have insisted in a solid back panel, same in some European and other worldwide leagues, but has never been a rule in the UK. Most kit manufacturers make their shirts backs solid to ensure they comply when required, and as most teams have kits derived from templates that's what we get.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You know we're pretty well fleeced as football fans at the best of times. Ticket prices, food and drinks, programmes, changes to kick off times etc etc. I almost feel a replica shirt is a badge of honour which may as well have "I'm fleeced and proud of it" printed on the back. As much as I love the Albion, never in a million years could I part with 50 notes for a T-shirt.

Yep agreed. I bought a retro Albion shirt, the Bukta one, just so on the odd occasion I fancy wearing it I have one, but have long since come to the conclusion that football shirts are a total rip off. Just glad that the kids are now old enough to make that decision for themselves (and fund it!) and funnily enough now don't want the latest shirt every season. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not normally one for a replica shirt, but the kids got me last seasons home shirt for Fathers Day and I'm quite partial to it. Not properly worn it 'in anger' yet other than pottering around the house and garden, but tomorrow might just see its full debut. No issues so far in the wash or drier, although I think its only had 1 or 2. PL badges on the arms still intact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here