Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Record

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually, pies and pints sales last season were always best on Saturdays. With this sort of scenario, the best forward planning is based on what's gone before.

But we're talking about 14,000 pies;

It can't have been THAT unexpected can it? They didn't make 14,000 pies (or whatever number in excess of that they'd made) expecting to only sell 10,000 and throw 4,000 contingency pies in the bin.*

(* this is based on the assumption that there is no way for them to retain pies made for Friday to be kept until the Birmingham game 2 weeks from now).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
for the last 5 minutes or so of the game, there were big adverts on the screens for a reduced price on the pie. When we went to get areduced price pie, they had all gone. (This was in WSU)

We grabbed 2 pies on the way out from the WSU on the way out, in lieu of not being able to buy any pre-match. 15% off? No chance - it was the full £3.90 per pie for us. I didn't stop to debate the issue over a few pence as I had the best part of 200 motorway miles to drive.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It can't have been THAT unexpected can it? They didn't make 14,000 pies (or whatever number in excess of that they'd made) expecting to only sell 10,000 and throw 4,000 contingency pies in the bin.*

(* this is based on the assumption that there is no way for them to retain pies made for Friday to be kept until the Birmingham game 2 weeks from now).

They get frozen.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I see that a new record was set on Friday, 12000 pies and 14000 pints of beer.
Barber is over the moon, and obviously content with that.
Makes a mockery of the thread on here about the catering on Friday.
So who is bullshitting?
Well the club, obviously. Who would you believe, Bozza or Barber?

Seriously though, why does it make a mockery out of the 'catering' thread? Everyone's experiences are different depending on the catering point they were trying to use and the time they tried to use it. Loads of people said they got served no problem whereas others said they didn't. Personally I believe both and I've experienced both.

The bottom line is some people DID experience problems, and if the club can solve that then the record will get smashed again!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well the club, obviously. Who would you believe, Bozza or Barber?

Seriously though, why does it make a mockery out of the 'catering' thread? Everyone's experiences are different depending on the catering point they were trying to use and the time they tried to use it. Loads of people said they got served no problem whereas others said they didn't. Personally I believe both and I've experienced both.

The bottom line is some people DID experience problems, and if the club can solve that then the record will get smashed again!

Next home game I reckon where (a) it's a Saturday and (b) it's later on Saturday, after everyone has been in the pub all afternoon.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm feeling very special now being a part of 3 records on Friday, had a pie and some pints in Dick's before the game - very good fare, big tick from me

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My 'spare pie' (veggie) travelled in the chilled glove box before being transferred to the fridge upon my arrival back in Somerset around 1am on Saturday morning.

I took it from the fridge around 7:30 last night and warmed it in the oven, keeping it in the box to try and stop it from drying out unduly. Fortunately the box didn't burst into flames. After about 20 minutes I took the pie out of the box for 5 more minutes heating through. It coped pretty well with this treatment and, although it was bought as a gift of sorts (I know, I know...), I was permitted to have half of it myself.

This tale has little to do with this thread really, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I queued in WSU just after 7pm, at the Southern end kiosk. No hot food available and they'd just put pies in the oven. Queued in the vain hope that the pies would be ready by the time we were to be served...but no. Asked how long they'd be and was given an embarrassed smile and a shrug of the shoulders.

Having worked in retail, it is a cardinal sin not to have products available when you know the demand is there. They had plenty of food later, but not when it appeared most people wanted it.

We did buy what we intended to, but not WHEN we wanted to. My son having to miss a bit of the action to beat the half time rush.

I love the Amex, the football we're playing, the pies and the food. But I'm not loving the poor service and supply in the kiosks pre-match in WSU.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
there are still some issues that need looking at. i swapped s.t with a mate friday night for the south. went in at about 7 ish and the queue was 7 or 8 deep with no pies left. wandered up a bit to find another kiosk queue only 4 deep with still no pies. just around the corner another kiosk, no queue and more pies than you could throw a stick at. got a pie , 2 pints then wandered back to the other 2 kiosks to tell the qeueuing masses to get their arses up to the third kiosk. surely someone could have been around to alert people that there is more than one kiosk there. if people dont realise they dont get fed and the club lose. surely some simple signage or a body could rectify this. by the way for the first time ever the steak and ale pie was inedible.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Would cost the club too much to have a screen above each outlet to tell fans what is not available.
At least fans could then go to other outlets on their concourse to save queuing up for 15 mins only to be told they are sold out.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i agree with what you are saying its just that people did not realise that there are another two kiosks around the corner. i cant believe anyone would wait half an hour or more to b served, when a ten yard walk will get you served now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Then the screen could say eg;"pies available at south end kiosk" Simples

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'd rather they spent their time serving, frankly.

Going by some of the comments, the managers do next to nothing, so perhaps they could be taught to update the screens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here