Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Pub Licencing. Who is open when?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I have it on good authority that the Cricks in Southwick was the ONLY pub (in Southwick) NOT to be granted ANY additional time :lolol:

The Schooner apparently has a license until 2am because they are now a Bistro or some such bollocks....either way :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
I have it on good authority that the Cricks in Southwick was the ONLY pub (in Southwick) NOT to be granted ANY additional time :lolol:
f*** SAKE
Why not ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
The Schooner apparently has a license until 2am because they are now a Bistro or some such bollocks....either way :drink:
The Schooner is f***ing SHITE. Can't believe anyone bothers with that dive in normal hours, let alone extended. The only time I went in there was when I was having my TYRES done, and I nearly slipped down the stairs. Made a big crashing noise, hurt my arm on the bannister, and came up looking SHEEPISH. And it was the bloody WOMENS toilets down there anyway

:dunce:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Schooner is alright Easy, they done it up all nice and there is a f***ing fot blonde barmaid! besides WHO CARES if its shit...its open until tomorrow everyday (see what I did there!?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah but I'm scared they'll remember me in there as the GOON who slipped down the stairs on the way to the LADIES.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
MYOB said:
Ah OK. Here last orders is called and they can serve anyone who was already queuing, IIRC...

However, its usually let go a little lax... or a lot lax, depends on the pub. Chuckout is last orders + 60 minutes if they're being strict. That too goes a bit...

Funny that. Drinking up time in Ireland is 20 minutes after time. Most pubs close at 12.30 Thurs-Sat and 11.30 all other times. Unless Dublin in totally different to the rest of Ireland. Namely Cork. Late night bars have a Club Licence and serve til 2.00 Fri-Sat. I spend half my life in Cork, My girlfreind is Irish and we've never had a hour to drink up. Half an hour tops.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Yeah but I'm scared they'll remember me in there as the GOON who slipped down the stairs on the way to the LADIES.

the number of pubs that you HAV'NT made yourself look like a GOON is diminishing rapidly mate :thumbsup: :D

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Captain Sensible said:
Funny that. Drinking up time in Ireland is 20 minutes after time. Most pubs close at 12.30 Thurs-Sat and 11.30 all other times. Unless Dublin in totally different to the rest of Ireland. Namely Cork. Late night bars have a Club Licence and serve til 2.00 Fri-Sat. I spend half my life in Cork, My girlfreind is Irish and we've never had a hour to drink up. Half an hour tops.

Cork is completely different to the rest of the country in far, far too many ways to define... hence the "Peoples Republic of Cork" t-shits :lolol:

Dublin has always had later opening, some counties have judges that give out later licences, some city boroughts do to. Licening laws were changed in, err, 2002? I think, minorly tweaked a few times since

Most bars do move people into the main bar about 20-30 minutes after notional last orders, although they're often still serving in that bar...

You should try Donegal, some of the bars and clubs there have had 23 hour licences for a number of decades. Seamen needing sustinance at any time of day or night, apparently

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
MYOB said:
Cork is completely different to the rest of the country in far, far too many ways to define... hence the "Peoples Republic of Cork" t-shits :lolol:

Dublin has always had later opening, some counties have judges that give out later licences, some city boroughts do to. Licening laws were changed in, err, 2002? I think, minorly tweaked a few times since

Most bars do move people into the main bar about 20-30 minutes after notional last orders, although they're often still serving in that bar...

You should try Donegal, some of the bars and clubs there have had 23 hour licences for a number of decades. Seamen needing sustinance at any time of day or night, apparently

Ok so like.:lolol:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Captain Sensible said:
Where's that from?

More like 76 new licences. Are there 76 pubs in Bournemouth????

9 pubs in Brighton open for 24 hours? which ones?

On South Today, not just pubs, it includes hotels and private bars, i believe that Brighton has 2 pubs with 24 hr opening, but Bournemouth has 9 city centre pubs with 24 hr opening.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
jimmyseagull said:
On South Today, not just pubs, it includes hotels and private bars, i believe that Brighton has 2 pubs with 24 hr opening, but Bournemouth has 9 city centre pubs with 24 hr opening.

No pub in Brighton is opening for 24 hours according to the Argus. They just open til about 3am or something. Ofcourse Nightclubs aren't on the list, so I can only imagine they are open later.
Bournemouth is always trying to portray itself as this young party town and never quite pulls it off. Remember that Meridian program "Dreamtown" about Bournemouth? That was funny. Must say the 76 to 9 doesn't sound right. I thought all 24 hour supermarkets now sell drink 24 hours.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Captain Sensible said:
No pub in Brighton is opening for 24 hours according to the Argus. They just open til about 3am or something. Ofcourse Nightclubs aren't on the list, so I can only imagine they are open later.
Bournemouth is always trying to portray itself as this young party town and never quite pulls it off. Remember that Meridian program "Dreamtown" about Bournemouth? That was funny. Must say the 76 to 9 doesn't sound right. I thought all 24 hour supermarkets now sell drink 24 hours.

Both 'Sumo' in Middle Street, and 'Fortune Of War' have been given 24hr licences.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i run/own the rose & crown, cuckfield & we are open until 12pm every night come and join me!!!:drink:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
PILTDOWN MAN said:
i run/own the rose & crown, cuckfield & we are open until 12pm every night come and join me!!!:drink:

I went to that pub last season but you don't show live football(Brighton vs Leicester)The only pub that does in Cuckfield is or was the Wheatsheaf.Is last orders in your pub at 12 or just before that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here