Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Away fans are fine if they're from small northern/midlands clubs, but nobody big or from london aside from nice benign clubs.

No: Spurs, arsenal, chelsea, west ham, Palace, Man Utd, City perhaps, Liverpool, and occasional cup fixtures like Portsmouth, Millwall etc

Yes: pretty much everyone else. They'll blame 'police advice' if in any doubt.
The only issue might be, from distant travellers, is that they leave out the present coach stops in the likes of Burgess Hill and head straight to The Amex, using up a significant amount of the capacity.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Look at the photo above. That is a very different 'footprint' in the North East corner and a lot narrower than it was in May. Maybe it's camera trickery in which case i apologise. I don't think so though.
i go past this 3 or 4 times a week, the footprint is the same, the only thing that has changed is that the barriers have been moved outwards to allow equpment, portacabins and space to work. This meands that currently there is very little space between the closest barrier, and the stadium iyself, but much of that space isnt being built on

The perspective of the photo mock up is from the corner looking obliqley towards the shop, thus hiding the gap between fan zone and ticket offices. The roof itself may well cover more of that gap than many imagined, but the ground area is plenty wide enough

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its going to take 1000 people with more if the doors are open .
Thats way more than Dicks Bar ?

There's some different mock ups via https://www.bdp.com/en/latest/news/...w-brighton-and-hove-albion-fan-zone-approved/
That is an artists impression of the fan zone

this will be the users impression of the artist.

IMG_0201.jpeg

The only issue might be, from distant travellers, is that they leave out the present coach stops in the likes of Burgess Hill and head straight to The Amex, using up a significant amount of the capacity.
It'll be interesting to see what they do for a big FA cup tie at home to Blackburn or Bolton etc, someone who can take down 3,000 for a special occasion - whether Sussex police say nope, no chance, wont allow them in, or if they say two of your wally buses can go to the ground for three hours before kickoff and can go to the fanzone, but the rest of the fans won't be permitted in. It is a bit enticing after a long trip, no messing around with trains etc and right next to the stadium for a few frothies

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Look liked most of the foundation work was done, with various points ready to bolt in the structure. It will progress quickly from here.

Also the area currently taken up (no idea if the final structure will be larger than what is currently blocked off) doesnt feel like it causes any sort of bottle neck for the people walking that side of the stadium at full time. I left the east stand a few minutes after full time and walked down towards the station. The crowd was moving as normal, no congestion.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Look liked most of the foundation work was done, with various points ready to bolt in the structure. It will progress quickly from here.

Also the area currently taken up (no idea if the final structure will be larger than what is currently blocked off) doesnt feel like it causes any sort of bottle neck for the people walking that side of the stadium at full time. I left the east stand a few minutes after full time and walked down towards the station. The crowd was moving as normal, no congestion.
I think the fencing is larger than the actual fanzone so the space will be greater- the only issue I can see causing problems is that if there are lots of people standing around outside in the area people arer walking through-though personally i think the main area for that will naturally be infront of it, facing the ramps which is a very wide area

mile oak

May 21, 2023
It doesn't look very big at all but seemed to take up a lot of space and create a bottleneck moving past it as others have said hopefully all finished and up and running for the next match (after Crawley)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It doesn't look very big at all but seemed to take up a lot of space and create a bottleneck moving past it as others have said hopefully all finished and up and running for the next match (after Crawley)
Screenshot_20240826_142002_Chrome.jpg

Going out on a limb here but I'd say the chances of this being finished and up and running in 3 weeks are up there with Hinsh winning a largest shin pad competition.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
No!!

During the recent Fans' Forum PBOBE clearly said completion has been delayed until about December.

Apparently due to unexpected underground power utilities which needed relocating before work could start.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
No!!

During the recent Fans' Forum PBOBE clearly said completion has been delayed until about December.

Apparently due to unexpected underground power utilities which needed relocating before work could start.
Suppose bucking the trend of a builder finishing on time was asking too much!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Looks no different to 2 weeks ago , it amazes me how long builders take over the construction of buildings nowadays,
not only the fanzone , but every project I see being constructed seems to take forever
Roadworks are the best. “Work until Autumn 2027” for resurfacing a couple of miles of motorway is typical.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
No!!

Not sure how they could be unexpected as I would have thought they must have been there when the stadium was built?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No!!

As a wise man once said: 'Only four things in life are certain: birth, death, taxes and the Fanzone being completed before the Stand Or Fall documentary'

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Looks no different to 2 weeks ago , it amazes me how long builders take over the construction of buildings nowadays,
not only the fanzone , but every project I see being constructed seems to take forever
it looks hugely different, 2 weeks ago that whole concrete area was still below ground level with bare earth visable. There were holes in the ground and reinforcement cages showing. Now the foundation is complete-its above ground . To say it looks just the same is simply wrong. I think by the Ipswich game things will look very different

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here