Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Saw this on X today, doesn't look like there's been much progress.
GStoxt0WkAEYAuT.jpeg

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Clearly it looks like they are running behind and the originally mooted October opening is going to be a challenge!

Also, it seems from that picture to have a lot smaller footprint than I was expecting. Not much bigger than Dick's Bar that is replacing, but with a mezzanine level. Not expecting to be able to get into it on match day without getting there four hours before kick off!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Clearly it looks like they are running behind and the originally mooted October opening is going to be a challenge!

Also, it seems from that picture to have a lot smaller footprint than I was expecting. Not much bigger than Dick's Bar that is replacing, but with a mezzanine level. Not expecting to be able to get into it on match day without getting there four hours before kick off!
Its going to take 1000 people with more if the doors are open .
Thats way more than Dicks Bar ?

There's some different mock ups via https://www.bdp.com/en/latest/news/...w-brighton-and-hove-albion-fan-zone-approved/

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
cycled past it earlier today, they were pouring concrete from two of those big concrete delivery trucks (big revolving barrel on the back) , and from a visit a couple days ago, I could see steel reinforcement cages had been installed with the top just above ground level

This indicates to me that most of the cround work has bow been done and once the foundations are set it should be quite a quick process to bolt on the frame and clad it, there is very little actual bricks layed in this type of building anymore,most of the sides are doorsanyway and the rest just a steel frame with cladding, so once they start building the frame expect rapid progress

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Laying the foundations is always the most time consuming part…once they’re down it’ll shoot up in no time. 👍🏻

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Okay so the blue and white bollard represents the fan who has stopped to check their phone and the red and white poll the family meeting point, when waiting for a friend who is in the South Stand today. I think there are a fair few other actors to deploy into that gap yet.

Patience isn't one of my strong points and I hate dawdling. I think I might need a lie down.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
So with the first home game less than 4 weeks away (ignoring the friendly which will be mostly empty seats) it's hard to see the building site not causing a logistical headache. What a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here