Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've sometimes had a beer outside the ground previously. Usually when meeting people who are sitting elsewhere. Never been to Dicks on a matchday as have kids with me. I may use this but doubt I will be a regular

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was up at the Amex this morning so took a snap of the Fanzone site. Lot of activity going on.

IMG_20240628_115240.jpg

Also something going on by the North West corner. Monorail station?

IMG_20240628_115258.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not exactly a lot has happened in the last month by the looks of it, although I see to remember there are some cable or something which need moving which I guess is something a utility company has to do so maybe they are still waiting

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If it’s anything like boxpark then lots of the structure will be created off site, and quite a simple fitting together & bolting into place when it arrives at the Amex. It’s not like a house with lots of brick walls to build. It’s shipping container style boxes for the food outlets inside a bigger steel structure. So we’ll probably see lots of slow foundations work for months, as if the process is going at snails pace, and then the main structure will quickly go up over a couple of weeks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wow that is an absolutely staggering amount of Zero progress.!
Is it ?
-looks like the ground surface is new, so possibly have sorted all the underground cabling issues etc and readied it for the meccano-type ready made structure to be put in place
-looks like new ramp (or switchback off of the existing one down to where the away team buses park post-match) that’s been added to the NW corner ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If it’s anything like boxpark then lots of the structure will be created off site, and quite a simple fitting together & bolting into place when it arrives at the Amex. It’s not like a house with lots of brick walls to build. It’s shipping container style boxes for the food outlets inside a bigger steel structure. So we’ll probably see lots of slow foundations work for months, as if the process is going at snails pace, and then the main structure will quickly go up over a couple of weeks.
Don’t spoil the naysayer’s fun 😉

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Is it ?
-looks like the ground surface is new, so possibly have sorted all the underground cabling issues etc and readied it for the meccano-type ready made structure to be put in place
-looks like new ramp (or switchback off of the existing one down to where the away team buses park post-match) that’s been added to the NW corner ?
Looks like reinforcement for the foundation piles in the foreground of the first picture. They must be starting piling soon.

They'd have had to do all the pre-construction work like confirming service locations and moving cables out the way, and the work on preparing the ground for the work. Not at all unusual for all that stuff to take longer on site than the actual construction work.

Of course, being a modern, well run organisation, I'm sure the club had all the construction records showing exactly where all the pipes and cables were. :laugh:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I continue to be absolutely staggered by how construction tenders seem to be so consistent. #Adenstar again?!
Local firm tho eh? That's all good shirley? And the club, being a private concern with only one major shareholder, are under no real obligation to put anything major out to tender unless they really want to. Companies House search facility is your friend here. Interesting rabbit hole to be sure...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Is it ?
I had a quick look after Father's Day lunch at HB's and definitely much more advanced than then. It was clear to see then the cable/pipe run that they had to deal with. When the stadium was constructed there would have been no thought at that point of a Fan Zone or whatever, so it's not a massive surprise that they had an issue to sort as one of the first jobs.

On a separate note, on the same day it looked like there was another lift being worked on to get up to the coach park - presume the existing gets busy!

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Don't believe it!! Chelsea have put a bid in for the meccano structure, bar area, and ladies and gentlemens rest rooms.
Will have to quickly source another.
Beer Hall from Munich I suggest.
UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here