Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
As long as there are enough toilets and you don't have to que 15 minutes for a burger and a pint. Also it would be ideal to be able to sit down and have your food instead of trying to balance your meal and drink on a bin while others are trying to use that bin.
Or better still in your case, eat drink and be merry in Brighton or Lewes then catch a later train to get to Falmer, use the station bogs if you need a slash or a dump. After that rock up to the Amex with minutes to spare before kick off. There, problem solved, everyone happy. :thumbsup:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Or better still in your case, eat drink and be merry in Brighton or Lewes then catch a later train to get to Falmer, use the station bogs if you need a slash or a dump. After that rock up to the Amex with minutes to spare before kick off. There, problem solved, everyone happy. :thumbsup:
…is the plan until SASTA have an issue and you are still stuck at the station when the game kicks off

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just back from taking a relative for a medical appointment at the Amex.

There isn’t a lot going on with the fan zone at the moment - a couple of workers still digging out with machinery but it looks a long, long way off even foundations being laid to my layman eye.

When was it due to open? It looks a long way off at the moment

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

There isn’t a lot going on with the fan zone at the moment - a couple of workers still digging out with machinery but it looks a long, long way off even foundations being laid to my layman eye.

Shortly into the new season?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

September-October

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

That's unusual.

Normally a British building site is a hive of activity with dozens of workers going hell for leather to get the contract finished :)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's unusual.

Normally a British building site is a hive of activity with dozens of workers going hell for leather to get the contract finished :)
And I could have added, that that is how most building projects come in ahead of time and underbudget :)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Haven’t really read all the thread but am I alone in not being interested in this “type o thing”? (I’ve been in Dicks about 3 or 4 times)

I’m not being cynical/negative/ungreatful. I’m very pleased for those that are looking forward to it. Personally I won’t be changing my usual pre match plans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Haven’t really read all the thread but am I alone in not being interested in this “type o thing”? (I’ve been in Dicks about 3 or 4 times)

I’m not being cynical/negative/ungreatful. I’m very pleased for those that are looking forward to it. Personally I won’t be changing my usual pre match plans.
You and me both.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Nope I have the exact same opinion.

But plenty of people will use it. Had a meal last year and the restaurant didn't open until 12:30 whereas Dicks was open opened at midday. I arrived at 11:45 and there must have been 60 people queueing for Dicks. I had a quick pint in there and there were no free tables from the initial influx of people.

I was also surprised the number of 1901ers that aren't dining get to the lounges for opening. The service is shit, the products aren't very good and IMO most of the lounges are very sterile.

I won't be changing my pre match routine of pub then taxi to the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here