Apr 15, 2012
Brighton - 54.9%
Leicester - 52.4%
Palace - 52.3%
Blackpool - 52%

Last edited:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
It's ok having the most possession but it's more important to put the ball in the onion bag while we have it.

True but it starts with possession all the time we have the ball they can not score

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Brighton - 54.9%
Leicester - 52.4%
Palace - 52.3%
Blackpool - 52%

Lies,damned lies and statistics,what a load of bollox statistics are, the league table tells the truth Palace are above us because they are playing better football than us get over it:albion2:

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
People may not realise it now and think cheap long balls at all costs is the way to go if they want to go up.. what they don't realise is it will hinder you when you actually go up and try that you will just see the opponent come back at you non stop with the ball.

Learning how to keep the ball and keep possession now is better than trying to implement it in the PL, by then it's probably too late.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah, that 2.6% more possession over Palace has really made all the difference.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Judge at the end of the season, not after 10. Am I right In saying you have conceded the least in the league? That is a direct result of your style

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
What a pointless statistic !! It's the amount of goals you score and number of points you gain that decides champions. I'd settle to having 40% possession if it meant more points and more goals than anyone else. I wonder where we would appear in a table comparing the number of goals scored in relation to percentage possession ? Pretty near the bottom I fear.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
For all you Stats geeks, i just noticed that at Newcastle this afternoon, after 18 minutes of play, Man Utd have had 81% possession and Newcastle just 19%. They are 2 goals up already mind, so unlike us, they do seem to have the ability to convert possession into goals !!

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Gus is doing something bigger than winning or losing, promotion or relegation and that's giving you a style and a philosophy to carry forward for the next decades!

Brighton are earning the identity as a good passing team, would much rather follow Brighton than Stoke or Reading for example as Brighton actually try to play good football first and foremost.

This thread is embarrassing :facepalm:

as you have mixed Albion / Palace / Stats

(sits back and waits for the normal suspects to moan)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This thread is embarrassing :facepalm:

as you have mixed Albion / Palace / Stats

(sits back and waits for the normal suspects to moan)

You have to bear in mind that Palace get extra possession when they con the ref and are given penalties and free kicks :lol:

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I'm so excited to see you guys in the PL, think you will be exactly like us.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Love this. The modern game is all about having the ball. Some real shite being posted on here tonight. Think you will find it is better to have the ball that not. Keep the stats coming like this........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here