Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Players?

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
How many new players are we gonna need what with all the latest possible transfer news? Seems to me we have only 4 or 5 players left who are certain starters if fit. Kuipers (maybe), Virgo, Elphick, Cox and Forster. All the rest are on the fringe of the team, injured (McNulty) or leaving. So We need a goalkeeper, 2 full backs, 3/4 midfielders and at least one striker. Lot of players!
Thoughts?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
By my reckoning we need a new g.k, a rightback(should whing not re-sign), a left back, another centre back, at least one winger, possibly two, a couple of centre midfielders and anotehr striker-two if Murray leaves. So by my maths that makes up to ten new players.

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
What do people think about Grant Holt from Shrewsbury? Top scorer down in league 2, 28 years old...

Or Brett Pitman from Bournemouth... only 22 and managed 17 goals last season...

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What do people think about Grant Holt from Shrewsbury? Top scorer down in league 2, 28 years old...

Good shout, cost them 130k or something like that, so would probably cost 200k plus. Akinfenwa would be cheap given northamptons relegation, surely he would come here, or someone like Danny graham, Andy bishop or le fondre.
As for players, i agree with gnlf we are probably looking at about 10 new players.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I really don't see why we didn't keep Sullivan and Hinshelwood. Hinshelwood would have been cover for both CB and RB. We now need a massive amount of players.
One Goalkeeper
One Starting right back and one right back for cover (Don't think we should use Virgo as cover)
A centre back
A left back
Atleast four midfielders
A striker (if Glenn goes)

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think we should try and get Matt Richards, at least until McNulty is back
Also Gary Dicker on a permanent deal
as well as a striker and a winger

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
just hope we get deals in place before pre season,as that many new faces will need the month to gel,,,i think weneed 9-11 new faces.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
minimum appears to be:-
1 goalkeeper
2 fullbacks (assuming Whing goes)
1 centre back
2 defensive midfield
2 attacking midfield
2 strikers (assuming Murray goes)

That's 10 new players and even that will only be enough if they all deliver

I think as much time on the training ground as possible is called for :)

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Not to upset anybody but I really dont want Richards back. Even HArding use to keep him out of the Ipswich team!

Leroy Lita was released i dont think hes signed up yet but guess alot of competition.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not to upset anybody but I really dont want Richards back. Even HArding use to keep him out of the Ipswich team!

Leroy Lita was released i dont think hes signed up yet but guess alot of competition.

As people have said it seems leroy lita is another leon knight, anyway can see wages being a real issue and expect him to stay in the championship.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Loads basically! Would love to see Brett Pitman here if nothing else because he is good on champ

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
id take another Leon Knight,,,didnt his goals get us out of this division??get up then get rid..

Yes but dont think he would come here anyway. He scored 7 in 16 for Norwich and did well for reading, so why would he drop to an average L1 side. Wouldnt be suprised if he went to leeds or Norwich or a lower championship club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Andy Bishop of Bury would be an interesting addition to our squad.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just goes to show what a task we have to turn the shambles of last season into a promotion winning side. The simpson rumour is concerning as well. We'll see but if offered mid table next year , I'd take it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just goes to show what a task we have to turn the shambles of last season into a promotion winning side. The simpson rumour is concerning as well. We'll see but if offered mid table next year , I'd take it

agree that as things look right nowanything above mid table will be a bonus....should be quite a ride from here on whatever happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here