Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Players

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The truth is Kuipers is not a good goalkeeper.
A good shot stopper yes but that does not make a top class keeper, thats why he is playing in league 1.
Compair how many flying saves Kuipers makes compaired to Roberts made - The reason Roberts made a lot less is his postional sense was far greater than kuipers.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
As said before I dont dismiss their views I just dont agree with them and think with all respect that I am in a better position to judge having played in the position in question.

Also every other Brighton supporting keeper that I know thinks Kuipers is poor as opposed to most fans Ive spoken to who are strikers, they have the opposite opinion and think he is good.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is a wind-up right?!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::bowdown::bowdown:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I played in goal up to east sussex div 1 level and I think Kuipers is the best we have had since Beeny.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
A good shot stopper yes but that does not make a top class keeper, thats why he is playing in league 1.
Compair how many flying saves Kuipers makes compaired to Roberts made - The reason Roberts made a lot less is his postional sense was far greater than kuipers.
Well no, he's not a "top class" goalkeeper, but we're not a top class team. He is an excellent shot stopper, not all aspects of his game are as good of course, but he is more than good enough for this level, imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yet if Hendo did the same he would be slated

Maybe, not sure... he just tended to palm the ball out to a series of unrushing strikers for them to get a tap-in, rather than touching it round the post.... he didn't seem to learn not to do that in his time here...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Probably, yes.

There seem to be two distinct factions who are each irrationally defensive over "their" keeper, and ridiculously critical of the other. :dunce:

LoL... ain't that the truth... guilty... the way I look at it... the FDM still plays for us... Hendo doesn't... I therefore support the former... and he's just plain better of course!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Of course he isn't a top-class keeper... nor is Hendo (but he MAY develop into one I suppose; he has age on his side, but he has a fcuking long way to go!)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Henderson - clean sheet Selhurst Park Oct 2005.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He loves to play to the crowd making simple run of the mill saves look difficult.
As I have said many times when I mentioned to an ex manager he had played well his answer was 'thats what we pay him for and if he didnt make those saves he wouldn't be playing.'

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Just watched that goal again... the defending was sh1t... Lester just waltzed in from the wing... little Kuipers could do ...

Apart from not leave an enormous gap at his near post, not fall flat on his arse, and not palm the ball into the net. Yeah, good point.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Maybe, not sure... he just tended to palm the ball out to a series of unrushing strikers for them to get a tap-in, rather than touching it round the post.... he didn't seem to learn not to do that in his time here...

Tending to palm the ball out to a series of onrushing strikers is much better than letting the ball strighht in and thats what Kuipers would have done in the majority of those situations. Anyway how about blaming the defence for not tracking back with the striker rather than the goalkeeper that has just made a save.

Carlisle last season, they had a penalty which Hendo palmed out. They scored the rebound but all I heard was people slating Hendo for not holding the penalty or at least turning the ball around the post. What about the poxy defenders who were standing there with their hands on their hips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here