Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New players due today!

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Would people be pleased with Mcclean as our main striker? He never struck me as particularly well rounded - just a bit of a workhouse a la heskey. Any other opinions?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mclesan would be a GREAT buy and passes Ernest's tried and tested .

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Would people be pleased with Mcclean as our main striker? He never struck me as particularly well rounded - just a bit of a workhouse a la heskey. Any other opinions?

I would be happy. He's scored 50 odd goals in 130 apps or so for P'boro, so has a good record.

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2003 Leyton Orient 40 (2)
2002 → Grays Athletic (loan) 6 (3)
2003–2005 Aldershot Town 68 (12)
2005–2007 Grays Athletic 59 (25)
2006–2007 → Peterborough United (loan) 9 (4)
2007– Peterborough United 129 (56)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
McLean having a brother who's a rising RnB singer (sure I've seen him on MTV a few times, and he played at Glastonbury) would fit in with the Flair angle wouldn't it?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Aaron McLean has been linked with moves to bigger clubs than us in the past so this would be a massive signing. Can't see it happening myself.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A Striker from a new league one team will be shown around the AMEX today.

That should go well...

until he gets shown around Withdean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
McLean having a brother who's a rising RnB singer (sure I've seen him on MTV a few times, and he played at Glastonbury) would fit in with the Flair angle wouldn't it?

Agreed. I love that 'American Pie' song too. And the 'Starry Starry Night' one.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Just found this on the bbc sport website 2day and wot do people think we do u think we make another and bigger offer to land him or do u think we find someone else.

Swindon Town turn down Brighton bid for Gordon Greer
Greer made 53 appearances for Swindon last season
Swindon Town have rejected a bid from Brighton for club captain Gordon Greer, BBC Wiltshire understands.
Earlier this week, Town manager Danny Wilson said he did not want to sell the 29-year-old defender but admitted that every player has a price.
The Robins boss said: "If they're serious and they want to take our captain, who's a big player for us, then that comes with a price.

"He's not for sale. But money talks. We want to hang onto our best players."

Greer joined Swindon from Doncaster last summer after a successful loan spell at the County Ground.

Last season he made 52 starts for the Town but missed the play off final defeat by Millwall at Wembley after being sent off in the second leg of the semi-final at Charlton.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus said he was hoping for more signings to be finalised this week, but who knows who they are... luckily, Gus and Tony play their cards very close to their respective chests... long may it continue...

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
What, MacLean is going to partner Kevin Phillips!??! With Marlon Harewood and Simon Cox warming the bench!?! I think too many on here are to easily sucked in!

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
Didn't McGhee try and sign him while he was at Grays but was told he wasn't for sale. Then a few days later Peterborough signed him?

I believe so. but the then chairman at grays (Mick Woodwood) was a very dodgy character and is well known for making some very strange outward transfers of grays better players happen very quickly when he wants the money for them. (Eastwood, Kightly, Hooper and Mclean for example)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here