Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] New oven - advice

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I'd strongly recommend an induction hob. When I first used one in an Airbnb I couldn't believe how quickly it boiled a pan of water for cooking pasta. It almost defies what I thought were the laws of physics. Once you have experienced induction, I very much doubt you'll want to go back. Granted you might need to change some of your pans, but the much lower running costs will help recoup that expense.

I brought 2 portable induction units to use when I turn my Aga off in summer (proper range cooker there), and if I ever brought a new hob it would absolutely be induction.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We’ve got pretty much what say you’re looking for - a 100cm Leisure Cuisinemaster (3 ovens plus grill, 5 gas burners, one electric with small and large hobs plus an iron grill plate). Very happy with it - had it a few years now without any issues at all. Ovens heat up quickly (often use the small one which is very efficient), temps are accurate and it’s big enough for anything we’ve needed.

I think this is v.close to what i'm going to go for. thank you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Always used to be dual fuel but now have induction hob. Wouldn't go back although it might mean a change of pots and pans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Always used to be dual fuel but now have induction hob. Wouldn't go back although it might mean a change of pots and pans.
Yeah. We had to change all our pots and pans but as I like cooking this was actually a nice treat to me.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Rangemaster! You won’t regret it! Done. You’re welcome. (Oven/Extractor and Fridge/Freezer all so well made.)

Miele is the bollocks too. I’ve got a fifty year old washer/dryer and I swear it would survive a nuclear blast!! Miele microwave is only about 10yrs old but that thing has never let me down either.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm not buying an oven or hob but I'd keep a gas hob just in case of a power cut. Does that make me old fashioned?
My phone line is now digital & is totally reliant on the internet working.
A gas hob is like my 'Plan B', I can still cook something. The storm of '87 wasn't exactly the apocalypse but we could still call my nan to check she was ok. We could still have dinner & hot drinks as we had a gas hob.
I don't like the idea of having all my eggs in one basket. I'm saying this as someone who shops online for everything and has £20 cash just in case! I'm upping my cash reserves to £100 after the CrowdStrike fiasco. 😂

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A Dutch one?

Works for me :whistle:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Another vote for rangemaster here. We got a fully electric one (two ovens, proving draw and grill) five ring induction , got it from Hills in Portslade (run by Chris Carter of Carters) they price matched AO online. Excellent service would recommend

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rangemaster! You won’t regret it! Done. You’re welcome. (Oven/Extractor and Fridge/Freezer all so well made.)

Miele is the bollocks too. I’ve got a fifty year old washer/dryer and I swear it would survive a nuclear blast!! Miele microwave is only about 10yrs old but that thing has never let me down either.
I really do think it pays to to spend the little bit extra and buy one of the higher end brands. It's not just durability but the customer service seems to be a lot better as well. From my experience at least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get a pyrolytic cleaning oven - I wouldn’t buy another oven without this feature.

Ours has this but I won't use it. Ovens shouldn't be getting too that kind of temperature, so it's likely to cause damage and reduce the life of the oven.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ours has this but I won't use it. Ovens shouldn't be getting too that kind of temperature, so it's likely to cause damage and reduce the life of the oven.
I’d happily reduce the life of our oven!! :lolol:

But point taken, 6 years or so since I was looking at ovens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d happily reduce the life of our oven!! :lolol:

But point taken, 6 years or so since I was looking at ovens.

Just put 'should you use the oven self clean' into google and see the results. Just not worth the risk, unless you have a crap oven you want to get rid of anyway.

I've used an oven cleaning company a couple of times (on offer) and they've been really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here