Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Moves On Albion Stadium

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So what is the best for a season that we can hope for to play our first game at Falmer?
And what would the date be if we still won but had to go through another enquiry etc?

And also as I am thick on these matters what would happen if Ruth Kelly came back and said no to Falmer but yes to another site?

And last of all what happens if Lewes Lib Dems are voted out next year in the local elections could the new council drop any action straight away.And what is the lewes tory and lewes labour party views on falmer?

Very sorry if these have been answered already but this is dragging on to long and each day the club is losing money
I WILL NEVER f***ing VOTE FOR THOSE fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyS THE LIBDEMS EVER AGAIN
:angry::censored: :angry: :censored:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
London Irish said:
Only if the government makes a mistake in the permission, otherwise it will be very costly for Lewes, and I don't believe these mediocre local politicians have the guts to destroy their careers by spending vast sums of Lewes council tax payers money constantly tilting at windmills.

Ruth Kelly clearly feels the permission hinges around a few key issues, the Sheepcote transport infrastructure is one, the regeneration benefits is another.

I don't understand the pessimism on this board regarding her wanting to look more deeply into these issues, they are all strong ones for us, we have always built our case for a Falmer stadium around them. For me, Kelly is issuing a firm and final challenge to Lewes to come up with hard, credible evidence to rebut our strong positions on these issues. They will fail, and they will be told to f*** off.

The pessimism comes from continually thinking we have a certain timetable, only to see it get shifted backwards by 12 months.

What costs would they incur if the raised a challenge, and then retracted it before the court date? In that situation, would they have to pay our costs, even though it never actually got to court?

ROSM said:
And finally, anybody who may be deficient in the brain cell department and still doesn't believe that LDC are a major contributor to our current financial position, well perhaps you may think differently now. However i still expect to see it written on here and in the papers and on the radio that we cannot keep blaming them. Sorry but we can, we must and we will.

Amen to that :clap:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Brovian said:

NOW will people realise that violence has got to be part of our approach?

At last, someone seeing sense.Just say the word Brov...

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
London Irish said:
Only if the government makes a mistake in the permission, otherwise it will be very costly for Lewes, and I don't believe these mediocre local politicians have the guts to destroy their careers by spending vast sums of Lewes council tax payers money constantly tilting at windmills.

Ruth Kelly clearly feels the permission hinges around a few key issues, the Sheepcote transport infrastructure is one, the regeneration benefits is another.

I don't understand the pessimism on this board regarding her wanting to look more deeply into these issues, they are all strong ones for us, we have always built our case for a Falmer stadium around them. For me, Kelly is issuing a firm and final challenge to Lewes to come up with hard, credible evidence to rebut our strong positions on these issues. They will fail, and they will be told to f*** off.

My problem is I don't have any confidence in her ability to take decisions. She is more flaky than the average Cadbury's product and her ditheriness is illustrated by the fact that rather than just restrict this latest round of consultation to the issues raised by Lewes she has decided she wants to go deep into the Sheepcote issue. Who is to say that in 6 months time (providing Gordon Brown hasn't seen sense and sacked her by then) she won't decide she wants to look at something else before making a decision?

She has a track record for bottling things - look at all the hard decisions she didn't take when she was Education secretary.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Screaming J said:
My problem is I don't have any confidence in her ability to take decisions. She is more flaky than the average Cadbury's product and her ditheriness is illustrated by the fact that rather than just restrict this latest round of consultation to the issues raised by Lewes she has decided she wants to go deep into the Sheepcote issue. Who is to say that in 6 months time (providing Gordon Brown hasn't seen sense and sacked her by then) she won't decide she wants to look at something else before making a decision?

She has a track record for bottling things - look at all the hard decisions she didn't take when she was Education secretary.
But there shouldn't really be a decision for her to make. I thought in these cases some more junior minister(s) set out a decision that she will simply rubber-stamp, unless she has her own personal feelings on the matter.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Spiros said:
But there shouldn't really be a decision for her to make. I thought in these cases some more junior minister(s) set out a decision that she will simply rubber-stamp, unless she has her own personal feelings on the matter.

Yes,yes.

And there should be an army of lawyers and civil servants making sure the letter of consent doesn't have any mistakes in it for the weasels of LDC to squirm through.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
BBC South East have just done a 5 minute report on the extension that was very favourable to the club. Showing Sheepcote Valley as a green haven and pointing out it's importance as a nature site as well as pointing to transport issues.

Screaming J said:
rather than just restrict this latest round of consultation to the issues raised by Lewes she has decided she wants to go deep into the Sheepcote issue.

Well, if her advisers have spotted something there that needs more work and that if left could otherwise later be exploited by a judge, then it is better that we revisit the issue. The permisssion must be watertight and comprehensive this time, we cannot afford to give more get-outs to the Lewes' lawyers.

I'm actually delighted she is focusing on the Sheepcote issue. Lewes' approach is to keep things vague and pretend that there is some other site somewhere in Sussex. Focusing on the one vaguely credible alternative will destroy Lewes' claims.

If the issue remains focused on Falmer v Sheepcote, we will win, it's a slam dunk! Only if the issue goes back to obsessing about the few acknowledged shortcomings of the Falmer site, then that's when I would get nervous.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no chance in hell that Sheepcote will ever be the site for the stadium. It is a haven for migrating birds. If the LDC knew anything about planning, then they would realise this would be impossible. But of course, that is not their intention, is it!? :angry:

There have been some high profile cases of late......

Last edited:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ned said:
BBC South East have just done a 5 minute report on the extension that was very favourable to the club. Showing Sheepcote Valley as a green haven and pointing out it's importance as a nature site as well as pointing to transport issues.

Agree - for once BBC South East seem to have taken an objective and informed stance. I though Neighbour looked a complete idiot claiming it was a brownfield site when the pictures had just shown something that is clearly a genuinely beautiful location.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
another arguement about sheepcote:

a while ago, a planning aplication was put in to build a community farm on the site.
that, you could argue is much more earth-friendly than a stadium.
the application was on coarse until someone from friends of the earth informed the council of unusual plants and insects that are indigineous to sheepcote.
on further inspection from the council, they agreed about the wildlife and it was thrown out.

if the council has already rejected plans for a community farm, what hope has a football stadium got?

f*** ALL

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Large One said:
Somehow... somehow...

Oh f*** it, my shop opens tomorrow, and my blood pressure has gone spastic as it is.

Really? You had better put the address on here. :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is someone opening a new shop tomorrow - where is it and what does it sell ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Can you remember the EXACT words you used to describe my step-daughter?

I have amnesia :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here