Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manics Album

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
What do people think?

Most people seem to think it's a return to form but I actually really liked Lifeblood anyway.

All 10 tracks and good but a few dodgy lyrics but thats Nicky Wire for you. Good to hear the guitars are back upto 11 for most tracks.

(awaits the usual everything they had done since 1995 is crap)

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Speaking as a former Manics fan, the tracks I've heard are far better than anything off Lifeblood. The endless repetition of Your Love Alone irritates me immensely, and some of the lyrics are a fairly poor rip off of You Stole The Sun From My Heart, but I'm Just A Patsy and Second Great Depression are reasonably promising. I may have to invest in it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Very good album that I can't stop listening to. I am a massive manics fan anyway and think everything they have done is class but this is right up there with the first three albums in my opinion. The bonus track of street fighting man is worth the price of the album on its own.

Loooking forward to seeing them play the new stuff on tour next month too.

Simon Morgan said:
Haven't they got a female singer in the band as well, now? Not being a chauvenist, but that would kind of ruin it for me.

Nah, it's just that Nina Persson (of 'Cardigans' fame) guesting on the new single (which is ace btw)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Grendel said:
Speaking as a former Manics fan, the tracks I've heard are far better than anything off Lifeblood. The endless repetition of Your Love Alone irritates me immensely, and some of the lyrics are a fairly poor rip off of You Stole The Sun From My Heart, but I'm Just A Patsy and Second Great Depression are reasonably promising. I may have to invest in it.

I think Second Great Depression is as good as anything they have ever done. Love it.

I always found lifeblood to be a slow burner. It's not as bad an album as some people think.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
TrevorT said:
Sound a bit like Rush in places (especially the single) or is that just me??:[/B]

My wife has just bought a Rush live box set and is playing it at high volume at all hours. If this album sounds like that, it will be shit.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Thats good news, got into the manics when they released Design for Life and everything they released since that has been a bit of a let down.
Will have to give it a listen.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Pigsy said:
My wife has just bought a Rush live box set and is playing it at high volume at all hours. If this album sounds like that, it will be shit.

Good news its a fine new Manics album, Muse are the Rush soundalikes

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: like it ALOT , can't wait to see them at the dome now :drink: :drink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rush have the BEST drummer in the world. Neil Peart - the dog's bollocks. 41 piece drum set - superb!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here