Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
oscar has done a good job and i dont think it will be the end of the world if we dont get in the play offs this season and what is the rush to go up

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oscar has got more chance of being blessed by the pope than he has of getting the Albion promoted, he lacks passion and ideas as well as being tactically incompetant .If Tony really seeks promotion who shouild he apoint as our manger for next season.:albion2:

Rubbish. Why not fly a banner behind an aircraft tomorrow? Stop being so short-termist. He hasn't even completed a season.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
oscar has done a good job and i dont think it will be the end of the world if we dont get in the play offs this season and what is the rush to go up

Maybe not the end of the world to you,but it will cost Tony another 15 million or more for the white elephant, plus the hundreds of millions he is losing by not receiving from the premiership funds

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm perfectly happy with the manager we have, thank you.

Give him a full pre-season rather than last year's **** up, and the chance to get his own squad in place and set up totally to his liking, not to mention with better luck on injuries...then judge him. When Pep Guardiola left, Oscar was mentioned as an outside bet for the Barca job so do not under-estimate how highly rated he is and more importantly how committed our own Chairman is to long-term stability and building the right way.

On the subject of Guardiola, if you put him in a situation of moving to a new country and a whole new club, taking over in a mire of controversy and then spending the majority of the season having his key players ripped away by injury one at a time, I doubt even he would have pissed this league.

Good post.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Maybe not the end of the world to you,but it will cost Tony another 15 million or more for the white elephant, plus the hundreds of millions he is losing by not receiving from the premiership funds

Lucky TB isnt doing this to just get to the Premier League then isnt it, unlike Forest etc.......

He puts the money in as he loves the club, lucky he isnt fickle and demanding like some.......

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Get real if we had kept Murrey the Albion would be in the Premier league we all know that, even Tony is kicking himself.Glen scored enough goals to get us promoted playing thegus way, he would have taken us to the premier league.But that is now a pipe dream

What is the Gus way in comparison to the Garcia Way?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Point by point: Gus didn't enjoy the luxury of a full season. We were in danger of relegation when he came in. And so that I don't get accused of pro-Gus bias, nor did Russell Slade, Steve Gritt or any other manager who staved off relegation.

To quote (or probably mis-quote) Arnold Palmer "Isn't it funny the harder I practice the luckier I get". Is Oscar unlucky. Shit happens. Or when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

There is a difference between using the media for a platform to express concerns and actually getting on with sorting the problems out. Oscar Garcia is barely known here (unlike Poyet who had played in the Premiership), his English ain't great and he has the charisma of a soggy lettuce leaf. So Sky Sports aren't going to be standing around waiting to bung a microphone in front of him.

Not sure how relevant it is to compare our current position with that when Gus came to the Albion. We were still pretty tinpot then, crap stadium, largely journeymen in the squad and more used to looking over our shoulders at relegation and / or financial ruin than dreams of the Premiership. Ok there were positives on the near horizon. Gus hadn't achieved anything as a manager either. Clearly Gus saw a club with a big future under Tony Bloom's Chairmanship and had the ability to make average players play to their max. He will always get due credit for that.

Whereas we are now operating on a totally different level, both on and off the pitch. It is more relevant compare the situations between last season and this - both at The Amex, both in the Championship, similar quality of squads and both close to the play offs at this time. This suggests to me that Oscar is doing remarkably, where as many on here are viewing this as a glass half empty. I could understand that outlook if we were now at risk of relegation, but we are not.

The trouble is we have come a long way in a short space of time which has raised everyone's expectations of continuing success. However getting to the Prem isn't a given and probably a heck of a lot harder now we are constrained by FFP while attempting to out perform clubs who enjoy parachute money or are happy to bust their budgets. It is a great pity that Gus didn't fancy staying and having another crack at gaining promotion under FFP, success under those constraints would have looked better on his CV than jumping ship. If Oscar can achieve what Gus couldn't then it would be mega. Whether or not he has what it takes remains to be seen, but for now he is our manager and warrants our support.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get real if we had kept Murrey the Albion would be in the Premier league we all know that, even Tony is kicking himself.Glen scored enough goals to get us promoted playing thegus way, he would have taken us to the premier league.But that is now a pipe dream
Not certain that he would just your opinion which differs with others who can say which one of you is right.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

I think hundreds of millions is a slight exaggeration somewhat. The £100 million windfall of reaching the supposed holy land is actually spread out over a number of years and includes 4 years of parachute payments when we inevitably come back down again. I dont think you will find the owners of Bolton, Blackburn or Wolves wallowing in the millions they made from their premiership stints. I think Tony knows what he is doing and is doing it in the right way. Its his money and investment after all, not ours. We should trust him to do what is right for the long term benefit of the club and its SUPPORTERS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here