Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New management team at Palace

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Chronic. Ex Pompeyscum and Dog Freeman. They are avin a larf.

Neil Wazzock will keep SPQR up so it looks like the Palace will be playing us next season.

Bring it on!!!!!

TNBA

TTF

Being in Glasgow, have you visited this fine establishment yet?
305230_ec957672.jpg

:thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Things are looking better than the last time we were in administration though.

Are you suggesting that your creditors might get some money this time or does 'looking better than the last time' mean you're about to screw them again?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes Bwian, I'm sure people like Adidas and Juventus were well and truly screwed by us last time. I'm surprised they're still in existance :facepalm:

Sorry, I get it now-if it's a big company/club then it's OK to screw them out of what's owed.

I didn't realise that's how it works. I'll tell Tony Bloom-maybe we can get our stadium for free like Leicester did.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Sorry, I get it now-if it's a big company/club then it's OK to screw them out of what's owed.

I didn't realise that's how it works. I'll tell Tony Bloom-maybe we can get our stadium for free like Leicester did.

Here you go, here's a whole list of companies which are apparently screwing other companies out of what they're owed, just from the last two months. Have fun complaining about them too:

http://www.business-sale.com/businesses-in-administration.html

If you dislike the financial rules in this country, then you should probably try to get them changed. I can't see many people supporting your attempt to automatically sink any company which gets in money difficulties though.

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Here you go, here's a whole list of companies which are apparently screwing other companies out of what they're owed, just from the last two months. Have fun complaining about them too:

It's only your club I'm talking about-living beyond its means and then running away from its debts twice in 10 years in an attempt to give you an unfair advantage over competitors who try and run their businesses properly. Very honourable.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
So, we get investment, and then the investment suddenly stops because the joker in charge of our club decides he can't be bothered anymore. What would be the honourable thing then? For what it's worth, pretty much every club runs beyond its means. They're just able to be constantly bailed out. See Moan U and Chelski for further details.

Well done for sidetracking this thread with an irrelevant topic though, as if you haven't talked this nonsense enough already on other threads :glare:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Things are looking better than the last time we were in administration though.

Well done for sidetracking this thread with an irrelevant topic though, as if you haven't talked this nonsense enough already on other threads :glare:

If you hadn't have made your first comment (thereby giving the thread a new direction) maybe we'd be talking football management. Remember this-you are on a Brighton site, you've (Palace fans-including the club itself after that 5-0) taken the piss out of us while we were sorting ourselves out financially and playing at a shithole. All the while your club was running up debts (£30 Million is it?) that it is now running away from for the second time in 10 years.

It's hardly an irrelevant topic is it? As for you calling it nonsense-THAT is why you piss me off. It isn't nonsense is it? Your club has walked away from its debts twice with no real affect on its league position. You're now hiring a presumably high priced manager because you can thanks to not paying creditors. If you don't like the direction a thread takes-you know where the door is.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

http://www.business-sale.com/businesses-in-administration.html

If you dislike the financial rules in this country, then you should probably try to get them changed. I can't see many people supporting your attempt to automatically sink any company which gets in money difficulties though.

On that link there is this entry

Professional Football League Club Central London £13,011,000 08/02/2010

Now I am assuming that is Palace but have they really got/had £13 million in assets? I notice Portsmouth are just listed as a Football Club but no value for fixed assets

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
If you hadn't have made your first comment (thereby giving the thread a new direction) maybe we'd be talking football management. Remember this-you are on a Brighton site, you've (Palace fans-including the club itself after that 5-0) taken the piss out of us while we were sorting ourselves out financially and playing at a shithole. All the while your club was running up debts (£30 Million is it?) that it is now running away from for the second time in 10 years.

It's hardly an irrelevant topic is it? As for you calling it nonsense-THAT is why you piss me off. It isn't nonsense is it? Your club has walked away from its debts twice with no real affect on its league position. You're now hiring a presumably high priced manager because you can thanks to not paying creditors. If you don't like the direction a thread takes-you know where the door is.

No real effect on its league position? ??? We were on level points with the playoffs before we went into admin, and now we're in the relegation zone. How is that not an effect on our league position?! That, I definitely have to say, really is nonsense. Also nonsense, is you claiming Paul Hart is high price and we can afford him because we're not paying creditors :lolol: We lost Warnock (presumably) because we couldn't afford his wages, which were 700k ish per year. I highly doubt Paul Hart is on that amount. So, thus far you've excellently pointed out two ways which we've suffered through "running from our debts". We're now facing relegation with a shit manager.

I'm not sure why you're seeming to be suggesting that administration is the easy way out. Even your "running from your debts to your creditors" comment is completely wrong, as it was our creditor - Agilo, who put us into administration in the first place! The decision to go into administration was nothing to do with Crystal Palace Football Club, which is understandable, as it hasn't done us any good whatsoever (contrary to your claims). Had we stayed out of admin, we could've easily pushed for a playoff spot and got into the Premiership next season. As it is, we're now looking at League 1. Your idea that we're better off now we're in administration really needs sorting out. We've lost our manager, our best player and our premiership challenge and Championship safety. Yeah, we're all sat back sipping mojitos now :p

From that post, and your other posts on here, it's apparent that you've got a massive chip on your shoulder which really shouldn't be there. You've suggested at above, and stated elsewhere that Palace fans have been hoping you fail financially and don't get a new stadium and have wanted you relegated. Where did you get this from? I've not spoken to a single person who wants Brighton relegated. They've all wanted you promoted so that we can resume the rivalry. The same goes for Brighton going bust. The same mass opinion that goes on here, that Brighton need their rivals existing is the same on other Palace fans boards. In terms of the stadium, yes we call it a shit hole, because it is. Just the way you call our stadium a shit hole, because it is. Where's the problem with this? Palace fans on the whole have been supportive of Falmer, with most revelling in the chance to bring thousands of Palace down again. Many went on the Falmer marches too I gather. This chip you've got is not needed and is clouding your judgment. Time to let it go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here