Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new man

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Hi all just calling from Perth wa.Just a few thoughts flying to London monday for donny game cant wait Might be the longest trip?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Safe journey - think you might win that particular competition - you should e-mail Naylor at the Argus and maybe get yourself a souvenir article in the paper.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Safe journey. See you next week.

Oh, and Severnside. Don't worry as it's on NSC Naylor would have already seen it.

th_stalker.gif

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Thoughts from Perth

Hi again,my first real post flying from Perth WA monday. Albion history.Dad took me to first game 1962 or 63 not sure.Hooked.Followed Albion ever since.Missed a couple of seasons in 70's playing amateur football.In London 82/3 so missed a bit then.Emigrated to Australia in 1989.I come back every 2/3 years family reasons.I always come back in August so I can catch a few games.I was back last year so got Donny tickets via 3 year rule.I'm full of admiration for those who endured the Withdean,coming from oz it was even in August so cold there.
Just 3 thoughts
1- If I was there I would go to the Spurs match,it sounds fun.But hey since when has a friendly been the first game of the season.No Donny is the first game surely.
2- The Amex looks great,but I always thought it small.I would rather have 30,000 only2/3 full than 22,500 full.The danger is you risk losing the casual fan who cant make every game and becomes frustrated when he cant get in.
3-Regarding 2,we have been inDiv1 before and there is no reason why we cant again and become a club such as Stoke/Blackburn or even better.
4- I think I might cry saturday.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Hi mate,

1) Totally true, that is why alot of people are waiting for the 1st game like me.

2) 22,500 is more than enough. People from sussex are apathetic about the team when they are not doing so well and i cant see us filling the stadium after this year. That is just my experience of our casual support.

3) Agreed 100%. Teams like wigan, Blackburn, Stoke are not "bigger" than us they just had a small bit of success a very long time ago.

4) Cry like a baby my friend. Im sure you wont be the only one !

Good Journey.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well done colonies... shame my mate Jay couldn't be here today from wherever it is he lives, Perth, Melbourne, never remember ... we used to go to the Goldstone with his dad (RIP) all the time in the 70's. It'll be cold here compared to Oz pal but enjoy your visit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here