Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New loan signing...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Happy to have Mayo at LB so long as we aren't playing a team with pacey wingers.
El-Abd has been having a great season but always have an absolute stinker when playing at RB. Harty and Reid have obviously played there before but probably are not the answer. If it's a loan what's Zesh up to at the mo? He was good at RB when we last had him on loan.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Happy to have Mayo at LB so long as we aren't playing a team with pacey wingers.
El-Abd has been having a great season but always have an absolute stinker when playing at RB. Harty and Reid have obviously played there before but probably are not the answer. If it's a loan what's Zesh up to at the mo? He was good at RB when we last had him on loan.

agree with all of that - wasnt rehmann released at the same time as cullip?

we have a fair few options in full back positions - the trouble is, each one of them bar the automatic selections have major flaws in their games which could prove costly going into the run in

That's shit news re Richards. We simply HAVE to sign a left-back if we're to have a chance now.

I disagree based solely on the way that Mayo played on Saturday. He didn't put a foot wrong defensively, and was even looking good going forward. I can only recall one misplaced pass, which was no worse than anyone else out there. If Kerry can repeat that form, especially as he knows he's fighting for a new contract then I think we'll be ok. Were you at the game Saturday? That isn't a pop just interested if you saw the way he played or not.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I disagree based solely on the way that Mayo played on Saturday. He didn't put a foot wrong defensively, and was even looking good going forward. I can only recall one misplaced pass, which was no worse than anyone else out there. If Kerry can repeat that form, especially as he knows he's fighting for a new contract then I think we'll be ok.

he is more than capable unless he gets put up against a pacey wide man who likes to get to the byline and deliver a cross. doncaster didnt have that on saturday, and as such he did a good job, and from memory i dont think huddersfield or swindon were particularly threatening out wide. its when we go to somewhere like forest that he is more than likely to struggle

he is more than capable unless he gets put up against a pacey wide man who likes to get to the byline and deliver a cross. doncaster didnt have that on saturday, and as such he did a good job, and from memory i dont think huddersfield or swindon were particularly threatening out wide. its when we go to somewhere like forest that he is more than likely to struggle

True, but maybe rents will be fit by then, or even push Lynch out to LB and put Tank back in the middle.

Yeah I was, and he did play well. I just don't think he'll keep it up. If he somehow managed to put that performance in 8 more times this season I'd be more than happy, and totally agree with you that a new left-back isn't required. However, he hasn't strung 8 good performances together for a few years now, and Wilkins obviously doesn't trust him either, so at this vital stage of the season I don't think it's wise to risk it. If it was earlier in the season then I'd be up for giving him his chance as he couldn't do much damage, but it only takes a couple of poor games and that's our play-off chances over. Also, not forgetting, even if Mayo does continue to play well we're woefully short of cover.

I think Kerry is a bit of a confidence player, and I think you may be underestimating him. He would have come off on Saturday feeling great about his performance and the result, and he'll be bang up for it tonight. As you say he hasn't been at the top of his game for a while, but he does have experience on his side, and no one in that team will want the Albion to get into the playoffs more than him. TBH I'm far more concerned about who will cover for Whing in the two games he'll miss than about Kerry.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[QUOTE Anyway, as things stand, he's all we've got, so I'll be PRAYING as much as the next man that he copes.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that :D:albion2:

'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here