Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NEW LEAFLET - Prescott now has Collyer's Report

The Campaign has today published a new leaflet.

It can be downloaded from here and copies can be printed off for distribution to friends, family, work colleagues, people you meet in the pub, everyone.

The reason for the new leaflet is that the Campaign moves on.

PLANNING INSPECTOR, JOHN COLLYER, HAS NOW DELIVERED HIS REPORT ON THE PLANNING APPLICATION TO THE OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER !

It is therefore essential that messages get to John Prescott about the key planning issue that will decide whether or not we get Falmer Stadium approved.

Taking a hint from the earlier Inspector's report, this is likely to be whether or not the Stadium fits in with the Government's policies for development in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Even if you've already written to John Prescott about the errors in Mr Hoile's earlier Report, you can still write again. Stress the three points set out in the new leaflet.

The text of the leaflet is in the next message.

FALMER IS THE ONLY FUTURE
FOR BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
FOR FOOTBALL
FOR THE COMMUNITY

THE PLANNING INSPECTOR’S REPORT IS NOW ON JOHN PRESCOTT’S DESK!

The Albion’s future is in jeopardy and it is vital that John Prescott says “Yes” to a new stadium at Falmer. He is currently considering the report that has been prepared by John Collyer who presided over the Public Inquiry into the planning application.

To help get the right decision, Albion Chairman Dick Knight is calling on people everywhere to write to John Prescott and stress the three points set out below.

• Falmer is the only suitable and available site. It is the only one that can deliver sustainable transport access.

• The economic and social benefits of the community stadium at Falmer are huge and go beyond Brighton & Hove. They include tourism, education, skills training and jobs - plus an expansion of the already very successful Football in the Community programme. These benefits outweigh the loss of a small area of AONB land.

• There is overwhelming evidence that the stadium is important in national terms. At the Public Inquiry, the Football Association, the Football League and other witnesses confirmed this. All Football League and Premiership clubs have recently given their support for Falmer.

The reason these three points are important is that they are the main planning issues that Mr Prescott must take into account in reaching his decision.

Please help our campaign – and do something NOW. Get your friends and family involved. Time is running out!

Write to John Prescott, Deputy Prime Minister, Cabinet Office, Whitehall, London SW1A 2WH or email
planning.general@odpm.gsi.gov.uk

And don’t forget to add your NAME and ADDRESS.

Failure to achieve the dream of a great Stadium for the city of Brighton and Hove will threaten the very survival of the Football Club and football in the community. John Prescott is expected to make his decision on the planning application very shortly so please write NOW!

FALMER PASSES THE PLANNING TESTS

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
When we will find out what Collyer has said in his report? If it's the same as Hoiles (which was the impression given by the Argus etc) then it really does look bad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
When we will find out what Collyer has said in his report? If it's the same as Hoiles (which was the impression given by the Argus etc) then it really does look bad.

What worries me is that Hoiles and Collyer sat next to each other for months listening to the evidence at the public enquiry. What are the odds of them producing utterly contrasting conclusions. Not high I suspect. :nono: :nono:

Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Collyer's Report is sent to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. It is advice to him. It is only made available AFTER Prescott has made his decision and announced it. And then only in paper format - because the Planning Inspectorate makes a practice of not publishing its Reports on the internet.

Don't automatically assume that it is bound to say the same thing as the Hoile Report. Or that Prescott will automatically follow its recommendations.

To use Micky Adams' words ...

KEEP THE FAITH !

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
How soon can we expect a decision now? 2 years? Three mile of red tape?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lush said:
E-mail sent. Should we also write?

Emails are classed as "letters" but a follow-up letter never hurts!

P.S. If anyone with access to a copier is planning to join the leafleters in Churchill Square, it'd be really helpful if they could print some copies of the new leaflet and take some down there!

I'll be along later - had to design the thing first!! - and will get more copied in Brighton.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
E-mail sent.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i'm astonished to learn that prescott has only just received the report......i thought we had all been waiting for an announcement by him and that he had been considering the findings. how on earth could we have expected a conclusion in january, or for that matter february, if he has only now received a recommendation?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
afters said:
i'm astonished to learn that prescott has only just received the report......i thought we had all been waiting for an announcement by him and that he had been considering the findings. how on earth could we have expected a conclusion in january, or for that matter february, if he has only now received a recommendation?

Good point. FFS! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
One day I will sit down and work out how many letters I have written in connection with Falmer! (To include, of course, all the ones I've written for friends, neighbours, relatives, etc, for them to sign).........

Feeling weary, but also surprisingly optimistic.

afters said:
**whispers ... **

The report was with the ODPM in early February. But no-one had announced that fact.

Until now.

This story is a North Stand Chat WORLD EXCLUSIVE !! Don't spoil it by carping.

:)

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trouble is after we hand out these NEW leaflets (100 odd printed out) people are gonna say "what write again? why? i cant be bothered!"
of course we will write but people off the street who thought they would help out first time round probably wont bother again...what is this the 3rd/4th time we've had to write to him?!?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sod the environmental impact of building a stadium at Falmer, what the NIMBYs should really be worried about is the 200 million acres of Amazon rainforest we've destroyed by writing so many letters because of their WHINING about our stadium.

I hope a special Ozone hole opens up just above their village as a result.

Not big enough to burn the stadium though, obviously

Nov 3, 2003
we had massive snarl ups on the A27 when they had pop concerts in Stanmer pk nearby and that was for far les sthan the staium of pipe dreams in supposed to hold in Falmer so how on earth is the "sustainable transport" gonna cope, i am very very doubtfall its bad enouh getting away from Withdean with just 6000 there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here