New Laptop

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Got a Dell - Don't like it

battery life is shit
Keyboard has not lasted well
Power chord is now not always charging the battery, I got another power chord and it is slowly starting to do that.

Howevery they are cheap.

I had a Gateway that did that, but apparently all makes are built the same.
The center pin of the charger plug is just attached to the charger board, which is made of chocolate, so eventually it just snaps off.
It can be repaired, but when mine did it it shorted something, leading to the purchase of a Toshiba, which appears after a year to be better allround. I am very careful with the charger plug though.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
In general, laptop battery life is down to how you use it. Most folks seem to leave their laptop plugged in overnight and such, or during the day. If you charge up your laptop, and allow it to fully discharge frequently, they last longer.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
ibm thinkpad T60 - amazing machines, great chipsets, hard, tough, 2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, xp,....drumroll...

...only £230 or so on ebay.....these models never fail....

...or you could go for a brand new heavy lump of vista poo just because it has widescreen.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you have the money, get a MacBook. Definitely runs Football Manager.

Otherwise, the Novatech brand laptops are the best I've come across anywhere, ever.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How much difference am I going to notice having a 2mb Level 2 cache, compared to 3mb?? What does Level 2 cache even mean!?

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Thanks for all the choices, going to take me a while to settle on what I want. Like the look of the Toshiba Satellite L550-113 for £700. I think it's a good spec and has a large HD screen. Will have a look at Asus and Lenovo now though

I'd stay well clear of Toshiba lappys, herd bad tings about them.

My mums got a dell for just under £400 thats pretty good even though visters running on it. But if you get the windows 7 upgrade you can't go wrong. I myself have got an Asus eee-pc with Ubuntu OS on it, does the job for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here