Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new laptop advice

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
a lot of my work is done in ms office silly question can you use ms office on MAC book

Yes. No fannying about either. And I personally find the Mac version of MS Office a lot nicer to use.

Office-Mac-2011-Plus-Outlook.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From Which?

I have a macbookpro which is just coming up to 5 years old, and is still going very well running hungry applications like Photoshop, and CAD software etc. I also use Office for a mac and find it easier than a PC version (I run Windows through Parallels on the Mac when I need to).

Picture 22.pngPicture 33.pngPicture 36.png

The only issue with Which magazine reviews on products such as laptops, is that by the time they have reviewed them, most of them are discontinued. I work in Currys, and the average life of a laptop (before it is end of range and a new version comes out) is about 6 weeks now.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
can someone explain the processors like I5 and I7 cos some I5 have faster clock speed than the I7

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Download ubuntu or mint, burn an install disk, restart your old laptop with a nice clean efficient and free os and marvel at how much faster it is.
You have nothing to lose as you're getting rid of the old laptop anyway and you may never go back.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Just got a hp pro 4320s , lovely machine i3,3G ram ,320g hard drive,13.3" screen in brushed metal,with carry bag £399 from saveonlaptops plus I got £100 cashback from hp website valid till aug 30.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm in need of a new laptop, with all the usual (latest) Microsoft software, wanting to spend £600.
Laptop that is suited to a University student, advice please.

Thanks

Bert365

May 7, 2006
anyone use a acer laptop looking at one of there better ones I7 processor. 8gb RAM. 750hdd. 2gb graphic card what are they like

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've just got myself a MacBook pro after countless pc laptops and can honestly say the money spent is worth it. After buying a laptop every year or so I cab already tell this thing will last a good three or four years and still be worth £500 to sell on after that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here