Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Laptop Advice

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
Cheers chaps.

Narrowed it down to a Dell Inspiron 1545 or a Toshiba Tecra A10 I think. Altough the T.satellites seem popular. Hmmm...

As for the PC, the slowness is annoying me so much I think I'll gladly take a hammer to it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Cheers chaps.

Narrowed it down to a Dell Inspiron 1545 or a Toshiba Tecra A10 I think. Altough the T.satellites seem popular. Hmmm...

As for the PC, the slowness is annoying me so much I think I'll gladly take a hammer to it.

Or try a program called CCleaner. My boot up took roughly 4 minutes due to all the crap I had on my PC but this program got rid of loads of unwanted stuff, cookies and the like, plus you can easily disable programs launching at startup which boosts performance no end and my boot now takes around 45 secs.

One note of caution with a laptop though, it can be quite expensive and difficult to upgrade them so if you want to get a few extra years lifespan I would suggest a desktop. Guess it depends quite how desperate your need for space is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Or try a program called CCleaner. My boot up took roughly 4 minutes due to all the crap I had on my PC but this program got rid of loads of unwanted stuff, cookies and the like, plus you can easily disable programs launching at startup which boosts performance no end and my boot now takes around 45 secs.

One note of caution with a laptop though, it can be quite expensive and difficult to upgrade them so if you want to get a few extra years lifespan I would suggest a desktop. Guess it depends quite how desperate your need for space is.

Upgrades are virtually impossible I agree however it's not easy to carry a desktop under your arm of even use if you want to watch TV as well. :lol:

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
Yeah, I have AVG and also CCleaner but the PC is about 7 yeas old, so I accept its not going to run like like Usain Bolt. I just wouldn't mind if it was quicker than my 2 year old when he spots a cake shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here