Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Makes me uncomfortable seeing this. What a shitty world we live in sometimes

Agree. I hope the PL are ashamed but I guess they are not.

And I have no knowledge of the body shape of the two female players depicted, but as pointed out by [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] earlier in the thread, it does seem that their figures have been airbrushed to eliminate any hint of the female form. Sinister if this is the case.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Announced tomorrow. For sale on Friday.

That's my prediction.

Let’s hope so!!! Sons birthday on the 12th and all he keeps mentioning is …..are we getting a new kit as want it for my birthday….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Beautiful away kit for Coventry City ruined by another horrendous betting sponsor. Can’t wait until they’re banned.

1FF98287-AFE7-47D9-BBBF-3B25EEE33474.jpeg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Looks like we could be heading for a central badge and swoosh based on that PSG kit and the new training top..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Awful finish to the stripes below the collar, for some reason I am thinking road sign ?

Even by Nike's football kit standards, that is crap isn't it? It's because the Nike template this year has that 'yoke' design for the shoulders, so the stripes stop at the top of the front panel. Christ, Nike are so shit at football kits. Could they have made their 'swoosh' any bigger on that kit?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Naylors just said our kit won’t be released until late July. Supposedly as our store needs to stock UEFA / Euro items beforehand.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Naylors just said our kit won’t be released until late July. Supposedly as our store needs to stock UEFA / Euro items beforehand.

Ha! Yes, entirely understandable as the only way of buying things these days is to actually go a shop in person. One day, someone will come up with a way of making purchases on-line - and I should imagine they will probably do pretty well out it too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ha! Yes, entirely understandable as the only way of buying things these days is to actually go a shop in person. One day, someone will come up with a way of making purchases on-line - and I should imagine they will probably do pretty well out it too.

Naaa daft idea, it will never come off! :wink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes indeed. Why is it that we have to wait so long in this country for legislation to come into effect?

It was a Government white paper last year, think it's been binned off by them, leaving it to the League and Clubs to decide. Turkeys and Christmas comes to mind.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just thinking that maybe this is why the club shop was closed today (Thursday) with a view to stocking the shop ready for a release Friday morning?

theboybilly

From the marketing blurb that accompanies the Stains kit launch:

"Created in partnership with hummel, the new Southampton FC home shirt draws inspiration from those worn by the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early 80’s. Reversing the colours of the shirt first worn by trailblazers like Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball and Charlie George, the striking central red stripe and central badge mark a brave new direction for the club.

"Bravery forms a key part of the club’s core identity, wanting to always push the boundaries, challenge the convention and continuously innovate.

"Launched under the campaign, Bold is Brave, the club is celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch. Taking inspiration from the single bold red stripe, the club hopes to inspire its fans to be brave, whatever their challenge is – just as its players seek to be brave on the pitch.

“'Being brave is in our DNA. We’ve always looked for new ways to push boundaries and this season’s kit is no different. As part of this launch, we asked players, staff, and fans what bravery means to them and in time we will be releasing some of these stories. Working with hummel enables us to creatively push our kit designs and this shirt is no different. Celebrating our heritage with a flip on the classic 1980 shirt but modernised with nods to St Mary’s stadium and a bold central badge,' says Sarah Batters, Director of Marketing & Partnerships for Southampton Football Club.

"Southampton FC partnered with hummel because of its shared values and mission to change the world through sport.

"This season’s kit drop has been carefully designed to start conversations. Giving Southampton FC the opportunity to tell the unique stories of the fans, players and people that make the club so special to be part of. Southampton FC asked its fans to tell them what bravery meant to them and what they wished they could do if they were brave. The conversations will shine a light on bravery and a willingness to push boundaries, challenge ourselves or stand out."

Have you ever read such a load of unutterable b*ll*cks?

Saints are turning into Crystal Palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here