Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New kit sizing

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I purchased my usual XXL home shirt two or three weeks back, paid for postage to Oz (not cheap), and it arrives taking up the space of a marquee! Too big too wear anywhere as it is so long. Wasted money as far as I am concerned as postage costs will just eat into @ny refund and/or replacement. Some may say my fault for assuming some correlation to previous Nike sizing including last years kit, but then you see comments like this on X …..

I have even considered buying a keepers shirt as it looks cool, but there is no size guide on the website.

C’mon Albion, sort this shit show out. Anyone else had problems?

Attachments

• IMG_0477.png
    IMG_0477.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My experience is that this year's are perhaps true to size whilst last years were in reality a size smaller than listed.

At least they aren't square like the European shirt from last year

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I purchased my usual XXL home shirt two or three weeks back, paid for postage to Oz (not cheap), and it arrives taking up the space of a marquee! Too big too wear anywhere as it is so long. Wasted money as far as I am concerned as postage costs will just eat into @ny refund and/or replacement. Some may say my fault for assuming some correlation to previous Nike sizing including last years kit, but then you see comments like this on X …..

I have even considered buying a keepers shirt as it looks cool, but there is no size guide on the website.

C’mon Albion, sort this shit show out. Anyone else had problems?

Can you get it taken up if it's too long?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Thinking of getting this one. I can easily see myself going all in on the icecream salesman-fashion thing for a while.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
There's not a huge difference this year, feels less skinny than the green and black.

This is the away on top of the home, both smoothed out flat. Away is maybe an inch slimmer pit-to-pit if that, maybe 3 inches slimmer at the waist all round, this is on a 2XL (due to my enormous beer belly and titties).

NB they are lined up, the away sleeve is shorter under the pit.

20240814_105519.jpg

20240814_105529.jpg

Hope that helps.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
More helpful to compare home with home, and away with away imo (for reasons stated above).
That was just to illustrate the difference between standard and slim fit this year. I can't compare with last year as I had XLs then, but maybe someone else can.

Fwiw I wouldn't agree with that tweet about sizing up. I've gone too big on both, but didn't want to risk it after the green & black last year, and I prefer too loose to too tight so I can wear something under it if it's cold.

By my amateur measurements the home 2XL is about 27" across pit-to-pit, 25.5 across at the waist so I'd figure that as 54c, 51w ish all round. Hope that 's more help (I expect not.)

As for @wellquickwoody finding them too long, they all look like a nightie on me anyway so :shrug: :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Even if home were ‘standard’, and away were ‘slim’ fit, one simple question, why? :shrug:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It is a lottery. Living in the US - I tend to err to smaller and give them to my son if they don't fit. Last year's away Large - couldn't get it on (I'm normal BMI) so go for the XL slim fit European shirt - honestly could use it as a tent when camping!

Shirt swap shop with Noel Edmonds - if anyone needs an XL European shirt!!

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
so go for the XL slim fit European shirt - honestly could use it as a tent when camping!
You were unlucky. The Euro shirt was a shitshow. Said "Slim fit" but was wide AND short. Just weird.

Happy to be corrected (someone get a tape measure out), but I think home shirt sizing is consistent each year.

They're likely to look better on us older gentlemen than the away shirts (which are literally slim fit). Stripes are 'thinning' too, right?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here