Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit sales

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
May have been mentioned before but you could think of the new home kit as being in the official NSC colours. I'm sure we were first with the pale blue colur scheme - trend setters that we are!

Having seen it for real I think it is a good looking kit. The blue is not as pale as some peole on here have made out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Superseagull said:
May have been mentioned before but you could think of the new home kit as being in the official NSC colours. I'm sure we were first with the pale blue colur scheme - trend setters that we are!

I'm pretty sure Always Skint changed first, there were Argentina comparisons at the time and that was before the new look NSC.

How fecking sad am I to remember that :(

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
The shop has pre sold around 500 shirts and they r expecting around 1000 on Friday in unknown size's and numbers ie they could get 1000 kid shirts etc....! Only one problem as of yesterday the kit had not left Italy and they r unsure if it will arrive. Expect chaos if u r going to the shop especially if it hasn't arrived

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
But I am buying it-and paying extra 'cos I want the long sleeved one.

I was merely making an observation that you can buy Premiershite shirts for 10 quid less than ours. In Brighton FFS-where can you buy an Albion shirt in Brighton-other than the club shop?

Arent those Premier type shirts made by kids in sweat shops?

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Kiddy sweat shops are great because the shirts
cost less to make. errea can pass on the saving to the Albion who make more money. :clap2:

Last edited:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Obviously we can only sell our shirts in the club shop, whereas the bigger clubs sell versions in JJB etc. They get a % of every shirt sold so rake in huge amounts of money, especially when they change it 2 or 3 times a season. At least when you buy an Albion shirt you know it will stay the current one for at least 2 years. Also EVERY penny spent on the shirt goes to the Albion and not to some sports chain outlet.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
David M said:
Kiddy sweat shops are great because the shirts
cost less to make. errea can pass on the saving to the Albion who make more money. :clap2:

Perhaps YOU could work in a "kiddy sweat shop" this summer to help us all save money.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i will be there early, although i doubt they will have any

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wont be getting one. I think they look crap.

I think I'll get a 'retro' shirt and stick BISCUIT on the back of that instead! :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
no that ive seen it in the flesh, i think it is damn stylish. i will certainly be purchasing mine tomorrow

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
right, its ordered! i cant wait!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Biscuit said:
I wont be getting one. I think they look crap.

I think I'll get a 'retro' shirt and stick BISCUIT on the back of that instead! :clap2:

Yeah, a shirt with your NSC name on it.

That would be WELL COOL.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This whole shirt thing is a bit of a mystery to me, bearing in mind that I am stuck in the desert and not really up to date on anything related to the Albion at the moment. I understand that we have taken delivery of a two year supply of shirts that pretty much resemble the Argentinian kit in both design and colour, have to say that I found that a bit shocking in the first instance.

As regards price, haven't a clue what the mark up is but can only assume that the club do fairly well from replica kit sales. Surely there would be more profit to be made from selling a far higher number at a reduced price, thereby reaping a larger amount of "mark-up" than by selling fewer for more (think that is what I mean, isn't it called something like economies of scale).

As to the colour issue, I had a copy of a post-card of an Albion team from about 1910, they were wearing stripes, the contrast between the two colours, albeit in black and white, suggested that the blue must have been very light, possibly like the Argentinian strip. I guess the majority of us, unless incredibly aincient, have grown up watching the Albion play in dark blue and white whether with or without stripes, any major change from this is bound to attract attention, and it did...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here