Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit manufacture?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its been done to death hasnt it? Addias/nike/etc, nice kit quality but you get same blue+white stock any old pub team can buy. Errea, not so nice kit quality but club gets to specify a unique design.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poyet has been spending time with Errea too, to help design the kit so unlikely to change any time soon

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I like the Errea kits, I dont think there is anything wrong with them. There isnt much wrong with this years kit, or any of the other kits weve had

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
A couple of points though one Errea and one Albion.

1. The sizes are not quite right with standard S, M L, XL etc
2. Why the albion chose the horrible colour for the blue strips a few years back was beyond me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2. Why the albion chose the horrible colour for the blue strips a few years back was beyond me.

Assuming you mean the 'Argentina' kit, rumour has it that was a caused by a production cock up rather than any kind of choice on the club's part. The stripes were originally meant to be the correct shade of blue but when the first lot turned up for the launch they were Argentina blue so the club had no choice but to go with it.

Other than that (if that is even true) the Errea kits have generally been quite decent I think, although I personally don't like the current one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think we should get Ben Sherman to desgin a kit for us. nice polo shirt would be grreat.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Errea replica kits are APPALING quality when compared to the stock that Nike and Adidas put out. I have no overall issue with design but they are poor material and poorly put together.

Wouldnt be sad to see the end of Errea kit, and reckon this will be there last Albion shirt.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think we should let Puma have a go at designing a kit for us

As a Partick Thistle fan, I have a shirt made by Puma. very thin and feels quite flimsy, otherwise feeels very standard quality polyester,. badge is embroidered (and done very well) but manufacturers logo and sponsrship are just thin plastic stick on jobs (feels like a cheap iron on transfer job rather than printed in the shirt design as we used to have with errea, and which will probably come off in the wash.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Errea replica kits are APPALING quality when compared to the stock that Nike and Adidas put out. I have no overall issue with design but they are poor material and poorly put together.

Wouldnt be sad to see the end of Errea kit, and reckon this will be there last Albion shirt.

This.

The point is that there are OTHER makes, who are equally not the Nikes or Pumas of this world, who make OUTSTANDING quality kits. Not the poorly made, guaranteed to unravel after two washes RUBBISH that Errea bang out.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This.

The point is that there are OTHER makes, who are equally not the Nikes or Pumas of this world, who make OUTSTANDING quality kits. Not the poorly made, guaranteed to unravel after two washes RUBBISH that Errea bang out.

ah, but you have to pay the likes of adidas , nike and puma to produce you a good qaulity kit. Otherwise you get fobbed off with their bog standard crap. Mu Swindon Town supporting mate is extremely inimpressed with their adidas kit. "Bog standard crap" is what he has just toldme.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ah, but you have to pay the likes of adidas , nike and puma to produce you a good qaulity kit. Otherwise you get fobbed off with their bog standard crap. Mu Swindon Town supporting mate is extremely inimpressed with their adidas kit. "Bog standard crap" is what he has just toldme.

I think you need to re-read what I said...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think you need to re-read what I said...

Why.

I read it, and Dissagreed.

My experience is that Adidas have made really shite kits for BHAFC in the past so there is no need to use them again. As have Umbro so ditto on ignoring them.

The Nike kits I have bought aren't very good either and neither are Puma (thnk and flimsy feel to them).

Errea are no worse than another manufacturer. And I point merely to the centenary shirt which I belive to be possibly the best selling and most loved BHA shirt (the Bukta shirt was a great design to look at but horrible to wear!) ever.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Something to consider is that the big manufacturers (inc Errea) all have at least 2 grades of shirt. When you see a template shirt of say Adidas, it could be a top quality one, or it could be one from their bargain range. It's the same with Errea, we currently have them from their top range, but if you check a Lewes shirt for example (the same teplate as our farewell to Skint shirt) it is a far poorer quality product. It's the same with most of them, I have a couple of current Puma shirts, one is very nice, the other is absolutely rubbish.

Some of the smaller makes, like Champion, Lotto and Vandanel are really very nice, they only do one grade, and it's a good standard. Others, like the current Bukta really are bargain basement, we really don't want them at the moment.

The Albion really like Errea, I guess that's a combination of price and quality, but the players shirts never seem to unravel, well not that I can see, neither do mine to be fair. I think we also have a few more years with them yet, so might as well get used to them.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Will Errea still be our kit manufacture? I would like to see what adidas could do?
They could do this:
sweatshop.jpg

So I'd quite like to stay with Errea seeing as it means that I won't feel like a **** if I bought the shirt (which I probably wouldn't, because it would make me feel like a ****)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here