Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Cock Up

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unlikely to buy one as I dislike this seagull and the shirt should have the club badge on it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect the wholesale price could be quite low. Soccer World in Manchester is selling United's new home kit at £25 for adults and £18 for kids including numbers and letters!!

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Voroshilov said:
At £35 quid each someone must be making money. Take out the vat - a fiver for the govt, leaves £30. How much a unit do they cost to make, I'd be surprised if it was anything like half that.

Spoke to someone who has just come back from Spain and you can get all major teams shirts for £7.50 So who makes all the profit?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Just received for my birthday a replica 1961 Spurs shirt.
Solves the problem of agonising over a new shirt every summer.

And looks much cooler.

Never mind I wasn't born for another 16 years after that triumph.
When you're a Tottenham fan, nostalgia seems to appeal much more than (garish-red-logo-ed) present...

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
The stripes on the new shirt are deliberately a lighter shade of blue than the last shade.

However I haven't seen them so I don't know just how much lighter.

Would be surprised if as light as Argentina though

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
kevinsmith said:
Spoke to someone who has just come back from Spain and you can get all major teams shirts for £7.50 So who makes all the profit?

err, where exactly? When I was in Spain about two weeks ago I looked at the price of replica shirts in Carrefour and Eroski (the two biggest hypermarket chains) and they were charging 65 euros for a Valencia, Real Madrid or Barcelona shirt, which was cheaper than the sports shops in the same town.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I have not been to Spain for a while, but I do recall seeing alot of shirts very cheap. I got the impression these were fake replicas (does that make sense?)

Oct 25, 2003
m20gull said:
I have not been to Spain for a while, but I do recall seeing alot of shirts very cheap. I got the impression these were fake replicas (does that make sense?)
they would be fakes,
proper repica shirts cost roughly the same over there as they do here

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't know the prices now, but five years ago in Seville I bought a Real Betis shirt for under £20 and could have got Barca, Madrid or Sevilla for the same.

whip

Aug 14, 2003
Hassocks
Would'nt surprise me in the least. what can we get right at the first attempt. Thats why in my opinion BHA are the best footy club to support in the land because its one big cock up after another!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Apparently the club has ordered the wrong colour by mistake.

There is currently 30000 on order from the manufacturers who wont change the order because they say that is what we ordered, so we are stuck with it.

This just seems to be so much bolleaux on several levels.

a) 'Ordered the wrong colour by mistake'. Yeah, right. Like there's nobody in the club with enough Italian to tick the 'same shade of blue as last year por favore' box.

b) '30,000 on order'. In the words of the blessed Black Grape: 'Stupid Stupid Stupid'

Methinks it's far more likely that it's been the same sort of, er, 'misunderstanding' the club had with the bus company last year. Nothing to do with cash flow. Nothing whatsoever. Oh no. Not everever. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: New Kit Cock Up

Tom Hark said:
This just seems to be so much bolleaux on several levels.

a) 'Ordered the wrong colour by mistake'. Yeah, right. Like there's nobody in the club with enough Italian to tick the 'same shade of blue as last year por favore' box.

b) '30,000 on order'. In the words of the blessed Black Grape: 'Stupid Stupid Stupid'

Methinks it's far more likely that it's been the same sort of, er, 'misunderstanding' the club had with the bus company last year. Nothing to do with cash flow. Nothing whatsoever. Oh no. Not everever. :nono: :nono: :nono:

So expect the headline, Normski Cash injection?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Would they deliberately make the stripes a lighter blue so the shirts are a bit more appealing for every-day wear? Just a theory.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
trueblue said:
Would they deliberately make the stripes a lighter blue so the shirts are a bit more appealing for every-day wear? Just a theory.
Yes. And I hear there will also be a breast pocket for the storage of pens, and the collar will be a button-down so as to accomodate a tie if needs be (dress codes can be strict nowadays).

Cereal Killer said:
I heard from a friend in my English class who went on work expreience with the Albion and met Paul Rogers and said thad that he said that on the new Brighton shirt, the stripes were going to be lighter like the Argentina shirt anyway.

Well if there like this blue that's all right by me
602335-164.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here