Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Cock Up

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

I have just heard that there has been a major cock up with the new home kit.

Apparently the club has ordetred the wrong colour by mistake.

There is currently 30000 on order from the manufacturers who wont change the order because they say that is what we ordered, so we are stuck with it.

The blue stripes are the wrong blue, it is more of a turquoise, very similar to the Argentina kit.

Anybody else heard about this?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hahahaha:lolol: :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have heard the players numbers have been printed on the front, so fans think we are always going forward!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Wookiee said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

The blue stripes are the wrong blue, it is more of a turquoise, very similar to the Argentina kit.

Anybody else heard about this?

Perhaps were making a move for Maradona Jnr then !

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I would also say it was complete nonsense....however after the past few years of replica strip nightmares it would not surprise me in the slightest!

Think of all cash generation the club is currently missing out on. Say if we sold 3000 shirts at £35 each over the summer break that would generate over £100K. Of course only a small % would be profit, but just keeping the cash flow moving along before the first game of the season is important. Things like this could be making it difficult to free up money to sign new players.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
At £35 quid each someone must be making money. Take out the vat - a fiver for the govt, leaves £30. How much a unit do they cost to make, I'd be surprised if it was anything like half that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I heard they were thinking doing away with shirts and just playing in skins, like down the park as kids - shirts v skins - that way they would save money on the kit as well as the laundry costs.

The replica kit would be cheap to produce and therefore have a good profit margin. All that was needed is temporary tattoos of the seagull and Skint.

Also we wouldn't need the expense of two away kits.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
gazwag said:
I heard they were thinking doing away with shirts and just playing in skins, like down the park as kids - shirts v skins

oh good god, can you imagine messrs butters and piercy wobbling round portman road or wherever, self-consciously covering up their man-breasts, getting massive red patches on their backs when the ball hits them...

would be funny.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I heard from a friend in my English class who went on work expreience with the Albion and met Paul Rogers and said thad that he said that on the new Brighton shirt, the stripes were going to be lighter like the Argentina shirt anyway.

(im not sure if that made much sense, my gramma bad, me had to stay @ skool till 5 to exam do, den I walked home, knackered me am, me now sleep! :yawn: )

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Voroshilov said:
At £35 quid each someone must be making money. Take out the vat - a fiver for the govt, leaves £30. How much a unit do they cost to make, I'd be surprised if it was anything like half that.

Shirt like that would probably cost the retailer something like £20 per unit, maybe slightly less if they bought tens or hundreds of thousands, like say Manchester United or Arsenal do. Not much profit in this sort of thing.

VAT on the kids' shirts (in fact all kids' clothing) is zero-rated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here