Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new ISP needed -any good ones?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
tiscali n me have had a falling out, so i need to get another 'anytime' signup, any good (cheap?!) ones out there?

wanadoo is also a no go...

my exchange is not ready yet, for broadband...

would like acces to binary newsgroups (usenet?) if possible, though not essential

also, anyone good at 'appealing' ISP's onesided decision to bar my 'excessive; usage of the anytime 'limits'?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was going to say Pipex too. I'm about to leave BtYahoo who I don't rate but I'm moving to NTL but only because I'll run my phone and TV through them as well.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm happy with Pipex.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Superphil said:
NTL were voted worst Internet provider in a recent report in the paper, I think the Times on Sunday

Strange, they seem OK to me - theyve just upgraded me to 2mb b/band from 750kbps for free. I have heard that their staff are shit and very unhelpful but theyve always been OK with me although it does take about an hour to get through to them. No complaints from me but I can only speak of my own experience

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
chez said:
Strange, they seem OK to me - theyve just upgraded me to 2mb b/band from 750kbps for free. I have heard that their staff are shit and very unhelpful but theyve always been OK with me although it does take about an hour to get through to them. No complaints from me but I can only speak of my own experience

Well, I'm limited for choice to start with but I did do a post asking for opinions on them about a month ago. The verdicts were very mixed though. SOme hated them but more were happy. I gather they have improved somewhat in the last year or so. Having used the two biggest, Btinternet and AOL I really can't say anything good about them though.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bhaexpress said:
Well, I'm limited for choice to start with but I did do a post asking for opinions on them about a month ago. The verdicts were very mixed though. SOme hated them but more were happy. I gather they have improved somewhat in the last year or so. Having used the two biggest, Btinternet and AOL I really can't say anything good about them though.

Havent looked at AOL's service for years. They used to impose themselves on the service too much for me (if you know what i mean), i never liked that so I went for Compuserve - who ironically got bought out by AOL after a while. BTinternet seem like a right rip off to me, thay charge £18 for a b/band package that doesnt even get you an e-mail address!!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
When I was in the UK, I used Pipex. Fastest access back then, but this was when a lot of ISP's still have 28.8/33.6 access. Pipex had K56Flex.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Pipex has been fine with me I had them on dial up before going for Broadband and now they ar eupgrading all their customers to double bandwidth as well.

They definitely don't mind you using your conneciton to the max either as mine is pretty much always maxed out.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Superphil said:
NTL were voted worst Internet provider in a recent report in the paper, I think the Times on Sunday

Admittedly they used to be dreadful for customer service but I've never had complaints about the overall quality of their products or their broadband technical support. However, they seem to have realised and the last couple of times I've rung customer services I've got through within a couple of minutes as opposed to the 20 or so that it used to take.
I've also just got the upgrade from 300KBit to 1Mbit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here