New high-speed rail plan unveiled

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Contrast 2 recent business day trips to European cities.

Amsterdam by Easyjet. Stansted at 5.00 on a Monday morning, airport packed, full of angry Ryanair passengers queuing out the door. Belt on and off, shoes on and off, full cavity search etc. Free for all for seats, group of 10 adults with one sulky 12 year old claiming the right to board first as they have a 'child'. Flight back delayed 2 hours, hanging about the airport for 4 hours. Why is mine always the last bus stop in the Mid-Stay Car Park? Home close to midnight, tired and angry.

Brussels. 7.00 Eurostar, Brussels in 2 hours. Bit of work and nap on the train. Train back at 6.00, beer and mussels before I leave, another nap on train. Home before 9.00.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Contrast 2 recent business day trips to European cities.

Amsterdam by Easyjet. Stansted at 5.00 on a Monday morning, airport packed, full of angry Ryanair passengers queuing out the door. Belt on and off, shoes on and off, full cavity search etc. Free for all for seats, group of 10 adults with one sulky 12 year old claiming the right to board first as they have a 'child'. Flight back delayed 2 hours, hanging about the airport for 4 hours. Why is mine always the last bus stop in the Mid-Stay Car Park? Home close to midnight, tired and angry.

Brussels. 7.00 Eurostar, Brussels in 2 hours. Bit of work and nap on the train. Train back at 6.00, beer and mussels before I leave, another nap on train. Home before 9.00.

One reason as a nervous flyer I do not go with these budget airlines anymore. I cant stand the selfish bastards who run for the seats.

Last time I used easyjet was about 4 years ago Since then I have avoided them by going BA.

Been to Brussels, Lille, Paris on Eurostar, and also TGV down to avignon, no hassles whatsoever. A nice easy trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here