Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Hero 9/10, 9.30 pm - The REAL 80's night

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good luck with it. I think Brighton will be a very tough nut to crack.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
By the way, it's:

'80s
or 80s

But not 80's.

So when you do your flyers, remember this. :thumbsup:

I see so if I put 80's no one would have any idea the music was from the
1980s. I see, thanks for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see so if I put 80's no one would have any idea the music was from the
1980s. I see, thanks for that.
I can't be arsed with your over sensitive drivel.

Was I rude? No. Was I simply pointing out a common spelling mistake that might appear on your promotion material? Yes.

So how about not acting like a complete bellend.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was simply saying I don't think it would not have confused anyone. You seem very Rambo like today if you don't mind me saying so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was simply saying I don't think it would not have confused anyone. You seem very Rambo like today if you don't mind me saying so.
I saw the word "sugar" spelt "shuger" in Tescos in New Malden once, I kid you not. I knew what it was trying to say because it was advertising a low price slap bang in the middle of the sugar aisle, but I came away with the impression that the people who run that particular store weren't very intelligent.

Do you get my point yet?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, sorry mate.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Got a punk gig that night, how to make the next event should there be one

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6/11
4/12

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got a punk gig that night, how to make the next event should there be one

Come along afterwards it goes on to until 2 am.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any early Wham!? When they were rap artists.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Christ this night sounds f***ing desperate. Full of fat, ugly women who were fat and ugly even in the 80s (got it Simster) and worse, men who are old enough to know better dancing to Wham, Spandeau Ballet and God help us - Kajagoogoo.

And then when you think it cant get any worse it does when SHE decides to sing Gloria Gayners 'I will survive' holding up a bottle of Smirnoff ice as a microphone before collapsing head first across the DJ booth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats about right. It should be a real laugh.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Christ this night sounds f***ing desperate. Full of fat, ugly women who were fat and ugly even in the 80s (got it Simster) and worse, men who are old enough to know better dancing to Wham, Spandeau Ballet and God help us - Kajagoogoo.

And then when you think it cant get any worse it does when SHE decides to sing Gloria Gayners 'I will survive' holding up a bottle of Smirnoff ice as a microphone before collapsing head first across the DJ booth.

Pedant Alert - 'I Will Survive' was the 70s. I'd imagine an 80s equivalent would be "The Time of my Life" by Jennifer Warnes and that bloke. It would definitely not be Gloria by Laura Branigan (the definitive version of the song). I blooming love that song. Really, I do.

ho - and good luck with the venture. Not my cup of tea but best of British anyway.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pedant Alert - 'I Will Survive' was the 70s. I'd imagine an 80s equivalent would be "The Time of my Life" by Jennifer Warnes and that bloke. It would definitely not be Gloria by Laura Branigan (the definitive version of the song). I blooming love that song. Really, I do.

ho - and good luck with the venture. Not my cup of tea but best of British anyway.

Trust you and your encyclopedic knowledge of pop ......... Can you believe Jennifer Warnes spent all that time with old misery guts.

Anyway I can still see that bird impaling herself on that plate of cheese and pineapple whatever the song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here