Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New gonorrhoea strain resistant to all available antibiotics

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I guess it wouldn't be the new HIV because although it would have serious effects it wouldn't be as serious as AIDS?
The growing resistance to antibiotics in general is a pretty frightening subject though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gonorrhea if it spreads to your joints or infects your blood can be life threatening. Being a carrier also means being very susceptible to contracting HIV and eventually AIDS

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've heard it shrinks you too, which is bad news for Guppy on his next visit to Thailand

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Highlights the importance of finishing you prescription.
Doctors never used to explain the importance of finishing a prescription. When I was a teenager I just thought I might not fully recover from something if I didn't finish the course, but once I was better I didn't care. They never explained how some bacteria could live on, and become immune so that next time you wouldn't be able to cure your problem with anti-biotics.

I guess it wouldn't be the new HIV because although it would have serious effects it wouldn't be as serious as AIDS?
The growing resistance to antibiotics in general is a pretty frightening subject though.

Before antibiotics, people used to die from the disease so if there is no other treatment then that outcome may well recur. Growing resistance, however, is only to be expected. Gonorrhoea is a living orgasm, with the same inclination to adapt to threats as rats, which are evolving to tolerate poisons.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Before antibiotics, people used to die from the disease so if there is no other treatment then that outcome may well recur. Growing resistance, however, is only to be expected. Gonorrhoea is a living orgasm, with the same inclination to adapt to threats as rats, which are evolving to tolerate poisons.
Indeed, but across the board antibiotics are lsoing their effectiveness (apparently) with no real replacements on the horizon, so we could be back to a similar situation to the one pre-antibiotics in the future.

Best not to think about I guess, unless you're a medical scientist. :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wire brush and Dettol young man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here