Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New format Champions League today

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Quite interesting that, as far as I can tell, even on a football forum there appears to be zero interest in the first night of the Champions League. Biggest shake-up in decades has worked wonders. Can’t say I’ve ever been less motivated to watch before the knockout stage. 8 games per club and what feels like next to no jeopardy at all.

Villa are two up in Bern by the way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I just looked for a champions League thread. Found yours languishing in the doldrums of the lower part of the front page of NSC. I didn't realise 8 games per club in the leagues. Ugh. It's rubbish. Clubs want a super League? UEFA give them loads of extra games. Yet managers moan they have too many games. These clubs want to have their cake and eat it. The competition is in danger of enshitification.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just looked for a champions League thread. Found yours languishing in the doldrums of the lower part of the front page of NSC. I didn't realise 8 games per club in the leagues. Ugh. It's rubbish. Clubs want a super League? UEFA give them loads of extra games. Yet managers moan they have too many games. These clubs want to have their cake and eat it. The competition is in danger of enshitification.

Is the players/managers want fewer games, yet clubs demand more?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Undav nearly scored Vs real Madrid away.....
Andy Ritchie once scored for us to beat European Champions Liverpool away. Nicky Bissett marked Ryan Giggs out of a game at Old Trafford, Johnny Crumplin once kept John Barnes quiet.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The group stage of the Champions League has been as dull as reading an instruction manual for years. At least this way, we get - in theory at least - more games worth watching rather than Man City pissing their group and sticking the reserves out for the last 2 games.

That said, Only 12 teams exiting after 8 games each seems too few especially when you've got teams like Celtic who will lose all 8 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here