Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Falmer Inspector

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Must say that it is worrying that rabbits can be drawn out of hats at the inquiry... deadline should have been set to submit possible sites before the inquiry... about 2 months before would seem reasonable... any comment LB?...

I've been in Manchester since Wednesday and not had sight of NSC, so I've had no chance to comment until now.

All I would add to what's been said so far is that the rules of the Public Inquiry effectively allow ANY individual to come forward with a proposal and ask for it to be heard by the Inspector.

That's the reason he can't lay down a deadline. He's made it clear that he won't be impressed if one of the main parties "pulls a rabbit out of the hat", but the truth is that Falmer Parish Council can't really be considered to be a main party and, despite the fact that they have said they will be represented by a lawyer, the Inspector isn't treating them as one. In a perverse sort of way, I find that heartening.

I am confident that the Club have all possible options covered and rebuttal cases will be in place for even the most outrageous rabbit holes that might get a mention.

One of the interested parties suggested Hickstead at the earlier Inquiry. It's unlikely to get a look in this time round (since it obviously fails to meet Prescott's criteria of being in the conurbation). But I dare say that the Albion team are prepared, just in case it does pop up again. Ditto Shoreham Airport and Beeding Cement Works.

But who knows for absolute certain what nonsense lies ahead?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The coverage of all the inquirys by Tim Carder in the supporter's club mags has been excellent. I've learnt more from them, than from the Argus, NSC, and the club added together. It's only a few quid a year and worth every penny.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
dougdeep said:
The coverage of all the inquirys by Tim Carder in the supporter's club mags has been excellent. I've learnt more from them, than from the Argus, NSC, and the club added together. It's only a few quid a year and worth every penny.
He didn't sound very optimistic this month did he! Could well be a change of government before the Inquiry is resolved. No wonder Dick Knight is keeping the spending to a minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here