Classic howler in the Standard - splash headline on the back:

GERRARD SKIPPER

Strapline - Terry faces hearbreak.

Bravo to the bastard who hoaxed them :lolol:

:lolol:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I agree with marshy that either would do a great job.
i also think that beckham was never the right man for captaincy. although a couple of times such as the greece game a few years back, he led by example and was a worthy captian then. the biggest problem i had about beckham being captian was his own sense of self importance. for example playing whilst injured. because he thought we couldnt cope without him. which meant he was stealing somebodys place in the team.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
BarrelofFun said:
David Beckham - One vote :lolol:

Posh Spice!
No, Becks voted for himself. His name was on the voting sheet with the other names, and he put a cross in the box next to his name 'cos he thought you had to show whose sheet it was.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Should have been Gerrard. The bottom line is it should have been someone who wasn't going to be dropped. I'm not totally convinced about Terry. He's had dodgy games for England and not because of any system. You can imagine dropping him. But Gerrard is surely the second name on the team sheet after Rooney. He has the ability to turn and run matches. England should build the side around him and Rooney. This is McLaren's first mistake.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sneaky George said:
Should have been Gerrard. The bottom line is it should have been someone who wasn't going to be dropped. I'm not totally convinced about Terry. He's had dodgy games for England and not because of any system. You can imagine dropping him. But Gerrard is surely the second name on the team sheet after Rooney. He has the ability to turn and run matches. England should build the side around him and Rooney. This is McLaren's first mistake.

Terry made one mistake, that i didn't really think was his fault, in the whole world cup. He wasn't fantastic but he did nothing wrong and was probably our best defender in the tournament as a whole and has to be our number one centre back.
Gerrard hasn't played well for England for about two years so it would've been stupid to give him the role

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Fantastic choice!! :clap2:

61987.jpg
:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here