Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Earthquake in SHIZUOKA

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You might be about to die. Do you:

a) Run for your life, or
b) Make sure everyone on NSC knows first, then run?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The one time I was in Tokyo I was in the middel of a presntation at the British Council when people started calmly getting off the seats and getting under the table. I had been so engrossed in the presentation that I hadn't noticed the shaking. Yet they were so calm about it. And the buildings are so well built to withstand it.

Stay safe JCF

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Shiz is safe but it was a 'f***ing big 'un' and probably the biggest he's had in all his time there.

It's a worry so my thoughts are with him, as family, and to all you over NSC guys out there.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Wasn't one of our brethren in Sendai last week ? If I'm right, I guess he's out of there by now.

Cleary this is horrendous for Japan in many ways and it looks like we could be talking between 10,000 to 20,000 dead, which is awful. As bad as that is, it rather puts in perspective the boxing day tsunami, where they stopped counting the dead once they got to 250,000 - the true impact of that one will never be known.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Shiz was in Sendai a few months ago, for a match, and he posted some of his pics on another thread to show what a nice place it was.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not been on here much last few days what with everything, but that was quite a biggie on Tuesday. That said, I've had worse, but because I now live on the 6th floor the swaying was that bit more hairy.

While I'm here, any one worried about the nuclear plant situation, may want to watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sakN2hSVxA

Gotta love Japan, really. :D

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't one of our brethren in Sendai last week ? If I'm right, I guess he's out of there by now.

Cleary this is horrendous for Japan in many ways and it looks like we could be talking between 10,000 to 20,000 dead, which is awful. As bad as that is, it rather puts in perspective the boxing day tsunami, where they stopped counting the dead once they got to 250,000 - the true impact of that one will never be known.

didnt they stop counting in Iran when it got over 30,000 not that long ago?

oops only 30k ( I say only)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here