Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I also read somewhere that previous episodes have put a limit on the number of times the doctor can regenerate (possibly 12?), which means they are near the limit.

Yes that has been written, recorded talked about previously, the wonder of sci fi is a good writer can always find a way around it

As with so many of the stories, they are more than capable of writing their way out of that.

It's almost like I was making some sort of reference to the idea of working around it when I followed that paragraph with:

What if they do something to somehow 'reset' the doctor, and have David Bradley playing him as the first doctor for a while, but clarify that the first doctor is the only one that looks the same because it's his original form, and any future regenerations will lead to new forms, so they are not tied to searching for a lookalike for Patrick troughton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is as good a Dr Who thread as any, to drop this into:-

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Simon Pegg would make a fantastic Doctor.

He's got the acting skills, comedy skills, he loves sci-fi and with his background in writing he could actually have some input on the content.

I would go for John Simm, was excellent as The Master and is an excellent actor or Damien Lewis. Only trouble is, those, along with a lot of the names mentioned already, are very busy with better paid work.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Martin Freeman :thumbsup:

Or David Mitchell :thumbsup: :D

Or Neil Tennant, I reckon he could do a good turn :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here