Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Deals for Elphick, Fraser and El-Abd

Dandyman

In London village.
Contracts

Tommy Elphick has now signed a contract extension until 2010. Tom Fraser has signed a new one year deal and Adam El-Abd is considering a new two year deal.

Good work, Deano & Dick.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
At least we can't lose Elphick on a free :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Bugger, fixtured by Ed...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Cracking news about Elphick and CHUFFED Fraser has got a new deal.

I wonder if there are any minimum fee RELEASE clauses...

Nah I can't see it to be honest. I get the feeling both players (especially Elphick) love playing for the club and 2 more seasons at league one at his age really isn't going to do him any harm. He also probably knows if someone came in with £500k+ for him we would sell him anyway so probably no need to have a release clause on him.
No one is going to be buying Fraser for big bucks anytime soon so there would be no point him having one either.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I don't think we could have anyway.

He's OUR youngster. Too young to be poached without fee

Ah yes I can never remember how those things worked nowadays. I just figured that if we didn't offer him a deal he could go on a free even though he is under 24. Damn rules :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
El-Abd's offer has been on the table for a while and he is considering it.

Hmmm, this sounds familar....

It is certainly a real worry. I think I remember an article from the Argus saying he was not thinking about his contract whilst we had so many important games coming up... That also sounds very familiar.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The rule is (according to Football Manager, at least) that a player under 24 can only go on a free transfer when his contract ends if his current club don't offer him a new contract on at least the same terms he was on previously.

I was also going by the rules in Football Manager :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Doesn't sound good Re: El-abd
Great news about Elphick.
Shame about Fraser

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
As much as I like El-Abd I wouldn't have thought he'd be attracting too much attention from "bigger" clubs.

He'll be offered better terms than he's currently on obviously, and it's fair to keep his options open but I just can't see anyone else appreciating him like we do and paying so much more money for the big lump.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Great news on all fronts, hopefully El-Hab will sign up soon and then we can focus on the rest...good start to preparing for next season though!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here