Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New deals for Calderon and Casper; CMS + others released

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What part do you object to and why?

Am I being set up for a fall here? Have I missed something?

So you are saying as you believe a deal is close for Chris O'Grady to join Sheffield United, that we may as well send him there on loan now, so he can play in the play offs?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In line with the club policy to get signings in early they should be given a deadline to agree/sign contracts or they are withdrawn.
Neither will play a significant part next season although Casper contributed nothing once the warm ups were done this season.
Unless he is to return to Denmark this summer which was mentioned in another thread recently..

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Inigo Calderon has expressed his delight at being told he is to be offered a new contract with Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 33-year-old is Albion's longest serving player and since signing back in in January 2010, he has notched up over 200 appearances in the blue-and-white stripes.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I want to stay here because I've got a good relationship with everyone at the club. I'm really happy; it's been a really good week for me having won the Player of the Season award on Monday.

"I am very proud, because I have had to earn a new contract each year, so it shows that I must be doing something well and I would like to thank the club for offering this to me.

"I always say I'd like to finish my career at Brighton as I've been here for five years and I enjoy living here a lot. I don't have a bad word to say about the city or the fans, and I am so grateful to them because they have always been with me since the very start. I was surprised then and I am still surprised now, because I have never considered myself to be a great player.

"I don't mind where I play as long as I am on the pitch; whether that's at right-back, left-back or in midfield. It gives me a lot more options as I can play in different positions. I know I'm not the first option to start, but I've played 39 games this season with two games left."

VERY HAPPY :D

Of course, he has to wait to see what that offer is first.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Am I being set up for a fall here? Have I missed something?

So you are saying as you believe a deal is close for Chris O'Grady to join Sheffield United, that we may as well send him there on loan now, so he can play in the play offs?

Even if a deal was close, he couldn't make a loan move anyway as the loan window closed on March 26th. So not sure what the other poster is getting at.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Even if a deal was close, he couldn't make a loan move anyway as the loan window closed on March 26th. So not sure what the other poster is getting at.
Oh, you ruined my fun!! I was wondering how long I could keep him on the hook for??

Funny isn't it how some posters are so clueless about football.

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Maybe that is what TMFF was getting at all along, but was unable to find the words to communicate the point. Thanks for intervening and helping him out with this.
Well I know a lot of shit is posted on here, but I would have thought only the dumbest 1% posters would think it was possible to transfer a player on loan now!

Are you really that unknowledgeable about the game?

In fact, don't bother answering that, you already have!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Casper not signed his new deal yet, Walton going on loan, another keeper coming in :moo:

I was told yesterday CA will be on the bench and Walton sent out on loan to get some game time. Another possibility of course is Walton sold and loaned back on season loan like Forest keeper.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well I know a lot of shit is posted on here, but I would have thought only the dumbest 1% posters would think it was possible to transfer a player on loan now!

Are you really that unknowledgeable about the game?

In fact, don't bother answering that, you already have!!

Oh I see now, you were tickling your ar5e with a feather. You are the one on the end of your hook not me.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Oh I see now, you were tickling your ar5e with a feather. You are the one on the end of your hook not me.
Off Course I am. What a plank you truly are! :moo:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I was told yesterday CA will be on the bench and Walton sent out on loan to get some game time. Another possibility of course is Walton sold and loaned back on season loan like Forest keeper.
Would make perfect sense, although I would hope it will be to a Championship club, or one that is pushing hard in League One. I think Walton and Stockdale are both excellent keepers, (despite a less than perfect season from Stockdale, I think some of the criticism he's hard is laughable) and it will be interesting to see how we keep two excellebt keepers happy.

I would hate to lose Walton, as the boy oozes class. It just shows that our scouting network is on the ball!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
:rotlf: Loan O'Grady to Sheffield United for the play offs :rotlf::wozza: :rotlf::rotlf: I do hope no one from Palace reads your posts. :wozza: :smokin: :kiss: :p

make-me-laugh-d884e93a2b0d0bcae52ee11e89e2c30c7c5f0a50-s51.jpg

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And yeah, funnily enough; you're involved in a lot of the shit that's posted on here. Such as your thread about the board.
It got a debate going though didn't it.

And seeing as how the likes and dislikes where about 50/50 I would say it was a question worth asking.

I still await a post from you, where you are not trolling someone. Maybe one day ah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here