Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New commemorative shirt - £50!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It is an optional item yes? Therefore you don't have to buy it, it is not taking the piss, it is broadly in line with the cost of such things elsewhere in the world, and it's a limited edition. Assuming the 'normal' shirt when it comes out will revert back to what we see as normal football shirt prices, then you can go buy that one, safe in the knowledge that your shirt cost less than any counterpart fans in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, Greece, Sweden, Czech Republic........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd sort of hoped that the days of the club's endlessly-inventive ways of trying to find new ways of getting the same five thousand faithful to part with their money were now behind us. Apparently not. Why couldn't they have done something classy like a commemorative medal or something that could pass as a family heirloom in years to come, something people could really treasure. Sorry, but that shirt ain't it.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
best shirt since 70's by far.

new confirmation that the club now see fans as clients.....e.g this, hospitality, away fan gimmicks, etc etc.

football is business and BHA have now put their chips in.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Well I like it and I've pre-ordered it. As the title states it's a "commemorative" shirt and I'm quite sure the club will understand if you decide not to buy one. At £50 it is a bit pricey but hey will I run down the team coz they want to recoup some money from the new stadium? No. If you like it buy it. If you don't then don't. Simples.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Hopefully the shirt we use for the season doesn't look like this one. The blue is too light and the sleeves are just white which I hate. I would like the badge to be placed at the side and the sleeves to be covered with stripes. Also the colour needs to be darker like last seasons kit. I'm rather picky at shirts, and especially loved last seasons.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hopefully the shirt we use for the season doesn't look like this one. The blue is too light and the sleeves are just white which I hate. I would like the badge to be placed at the side and the sleeves to be covered with stripes. Also the colour needs to be darker like last seasons kit. I'm rather picky at shirts, and especially loved last seasons.

Exactly the opposite of every thing you have said (apart from the badge on the side bit).

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I'd sort of hoped that the days of the club's endlessly-inventive ways of trying to find new ways of getting the same five thousand faithful to part with their money were now behind us. Apparently not. Why couldn't they have done something classy like a commemorative medal or something that could pass as a family heirloom in years to come, something people could really treasure. Sorry, but that shirt ain't it.

Disagree, the shirt is smart. Like it or not BHAFC is a commercial business and therefore will price products at the current market rate. If it is priced too high they won't shift them and will mark the price down to get rid. I won't buy one because I think replica shirts are for kids.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
really like the shirt but will hold out for the standard replica, unless i can pawn the wifes shoes on ebay without her noticing

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I quite like it and ultimately the club are going to sell thousands of them because they know we've got to have them! If we want some bloke to pay £1m+ for players and pay for a brand new top of the range stadium then money needs to be made. We're in big business now!!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
In Cyprus recently, they were priced between e70 - e80 for league and international shirts. In Prague a couple of weeks back the exchange rate made the shirts around £60 - £70, that was for local teams, as well as your usual Man U, Barca, Celtic etc.

Who on earth would pay £70 for a celtic shirt, their fans cant afford that unless their powder trade had been good

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
This. Possibly since the 1970s.

Mind you, by the time all the rest of the guff has gone on the shirt, it's going to look just as mad as most.

There's some kind of ruling by FIFA/UEFA about squad numbers being visible but once again a new rule for celtic that as they wear hoops they don't have to have the big square on the back. Having John Reid QC (ex member of her majesty's government as a director) one who was seen as the enemy seems to have paid off. Are QPR/Doncaster and Yeovil for example afforded the same ruling ????

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Had intended to buy one for myself and boys , but at £140 ? no thanks,
the "Special box" is just an excuse to pump up the price, anyone gonna buy one to keep in the loft to take to the "Antiques Roadshow one day?
and the "Limited Edition ", will be the total of precisely the amount that BHAFC manage to sell..
Shame is, they could sell a lot more with a more down to earth sales strategy...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
. Are QPR/Doncaster and Yeovil for example afforded the same ruling ????

The 'ruling' by the SFA follows the rules of the English FA, there is no special treatment for any sides, QPR, Donny et al can do just the same. Read both FAs rules regarding numbers on striped, hooped and patterned shirts. rules are different for Euro games, but these can be negotiated by the clubs.

Oh, I see, this is because you are a Rangers fan, which also explains your totally unnecessary comment on your previous post.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here